Planes on CVs - Maintenance

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ny59giants

Planes on CVs - Maintenance

Post by ny59giants »

I have some of my Allied CV/CVL/CVEs at port "X" to replenish and get my planes on board a chance to rest, take on replacement airframes, and get those down for "Maintenance" back operational. Many of those are F6F-3 Hellcats with only a SR of 1, but many are stuck on 5 days when you click on "Planes" and see in red "Maintenance."

Is there a way to speed up the recovery time for these planes without taking them off the CV?? Does the base Aviation Support factor in?? Any info would be appreciated.
[center]Image[/center]
crsutton

RE: Planes on CVs - Maintenance

Post by crsutton »

Yes, it seems to be a game thing. Whenever a carrier TF has been out to sea and touches a home port about 5-7 aircraft from each fighter unit goes into a deep maintenance mode. Not sure why-just have gotten used to it and adjusted.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
obvert

Post by obvert »

Maybe this? [;)]

I find when I stand any group down after many days flying they have these longer maintenance times. Must be that they are on ready reserve if the group is not stood down, so they can't get the serious stuff done.

Attachments
ci3CUYI.jpg
ci3CUYI.jpg (151.66 KiB) Viewed 28 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

That's what is referred to as "durability". Wow. Good thing the enemy didn't lead better, although a few of those forward would have been hitting the pilot armor ... hopefully. [&:]
Pax
Reg

Post by Reg »

They are not necessarily marks of enemy action.

Salt water/sea spray eats aluminum alive so they are more than likely just corrosion repairs. Structural failure will bring a bird down just as quickly as enemy bullets.....

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Gaspote

Post by Gaspote »

I noticed you can send tf in sea and maintenance won't stop so you can move to your target without waiting for repair .

In my opinion, maintenance is related to fatigue and repair to damage.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

It happens when you stand the planes down. As crsutton says that seems to send them into some kind of deep maintenance mode. I´m not sure those can be sped up!

LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: obvert

Maybe this? [;)]

I find when I stand any group down after many days flying they have these longer maintenance times. Must be that they are on ready reserve if the group is not stood down, so they can't get the serious stuff done.

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

That's what is referred to as "durability". Wow. Good thing the enemy didn't lead better, although a few of those forward would have been hitting the pilot armor ... hopefully. [&:]
ORIGINAL: Reg

They are not necessarily marks of enemy action.

Salt water/sea spray eats aluminum alive so they are more than likely just corrosion repairs. Structural failure will bring a bird down just as quickly as enemy bullets.....

Bullet holes? Sea spray corrosion damage?

All I can see is a female driver.

If you see Gräfin Zeppelin, tell her I am on a long trip to Tasmania... [:D]
koniu

Post by koniu »

I happen to me once few months ago when i send all my CV planes to stand down mode.
Suddenly next turn half of KB go to maintenance mode. It is not ab big deal with SR1 planes as usual they will be repaired in few days but SR3 planes like D4Y1 and D4Y2 can go out of action for 14-21 days[X(]

For me best solution when KB is returning to anchor or is hiding in shadow and planes on KB already accumulated some fatigue is to avoid sending them on stand down. I usually keep them on low level rednesses setting 10% CAP/search on range 0. It will stop planes to go to maintenance and they will slowly start reducing fatigue.
Having some reserve plane is helping also as engine automatically replace them with planes with highest fatigue

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: obvert

Maybe this? [;)]

Isn't that the way it always goes? A guy goes out and buys a new ride and makes the wife and kids use the old one.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”