Off Topic: World at War

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

deadsunwheel

Off Topic: World at War

Post by deadsunwheel »

Completely off topic, but out of curiosity how many people here also play the World at War board game series? I have a strong suspicion that there is a lot of cross over. New and good games based on a Third World War in the 80's are pretty rare.

Personally I love the World at War game system. Fast, punchy, and much like FPC:RS very lethal. The best part for me though is its use of a chit draw unit activation mechanic. This means that you are always in risk assessment mode trying to figure out if your unit will be the next to activate.
CapnDarwin

RE: Off Topic: World at War

Post by CapnDarwin »

Great games. Of course I'm biased since my name is in the credits on most of them. [;)] Mark Walker designs some top notch games.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
zouave

Post by zouave »

I thought of trying to translate some of those scenarios to this game.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Every single platoon size unit game of this time period has been discussed to be ported into the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of those conversions before too long. [8D]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
MikeAP

Post by MikeAP »

Someone needs to port the Team Yankee campaign.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”