LCUs getting bombarded increases EXP?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sieppo

LCUs getting bombarded increases EXP?

Post by Sieppo »

Does it really happen? Is there a cap to it? Haven't really noticed it happening at least in the more experienced units..
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
HansBolter

RE: LCUs getting bombarded increases EXP?

Post by HansBolter »

Yes it happens. Combat of any kind yields experience. That's why it doesn't pay to bombard turn in and turn out simply because you don't have sufficient strength to assault unless that bombardment is producing results worth the trade off in experience gains you are giving the enemy.
Hans

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I have not noticed aerial bombardment or naval bombardment increasing ground troop experience, though. Just FYI.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I have not noticed aerial bombardment or naval bombardment increasing ground troop experience, though. Just FYI.

Thanks. I meant ART-bombardment. I'm not sure about the terms :)..
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

As witpqs points out I may have overstated the "combat of any kind", but artillery bombardment definitely does provide experience gains.
Hans

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I wasn't disagreeing, just noting that the other kinds don't seem to increase exp. [8D]
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I wasn't disagreeing, just noting that the other kinds don't seem to increase exp. [8D]
Correct with my observations. Allied CHI troops can gain 1% exp per day with bombardment. That is why I don't do it, ever.
Pax
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Correct with my observations. Allied CHI troops can gain 1% exp per day with bombardment. That is why I don't do it, ever.
counterpoint-IIRC bombardment of any kind will produce damage to base or units which will keep them from not increasing fortifications. Please correct me if I am wrong..
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Just coming back to game now, but I do believe you are correct bigred. One caveat I recall: the bombardment has to produce some sort of base damage, i.e. airfields or port.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

No, you are wrong.

Artillery bombardment does not hit the base infrastructure.

Alfred
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

I was doing my next turn and it occured to me this topic was primarily about LAND bombardment. My answer needed to explain that only types that would cause base damage should have been specified. Alfred beat me to it :)
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

I was doing my next turn and it occured to me this topic was primarily about LAND bombardment. My answer needed to explain that only types that would cause base damage should have been specified. Alfred beat me to it :)
CMIIAW, base damage will stop in-hex fort and construction. Art bombardment will not stop fort construction.

edit- apology if I hijacked the thread topic. Topic caused me to raise this question...
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
CyrusSpitama

Post by CyrusSpitama »

That is correct bigred. Even a single point of base damage detours them doing upgrades to the base to doing repairs for that turn. I have seen this mentioned in many AARs, forum posts, and performed it in limited fashion myself.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”