Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario - 10/16/2013 9:34:18 AM   
TimOusley

I am trying to recall the name of an old DOS Pacific War game that had a scenario of the situation that appears in the movie "Final Countdown", where the 1941 Japanese fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor is discovered and attacked by a modern Nimitz battle group. (Yeah I know it didn't happen in the movie but it does in the game). My recollection is that the name of the game was "PacWar" but I can't find any reference to the game. Does anyone remember the name of the game? Or possibly have it in a closet somewhere?
Thanks.

< Message edited by TimOusley -- 10/16/2013 9:36:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario - 10/16/2013 12:17:42 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: TimOusley

I am trying to recall the name of an old DOS Pacific War game that had a scenario of the situation that appears in the movie "Final Countdown", where the 1941 Japanese fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor is discovered and attacked by a modern Nimitz battle group. (Yeah I know it didn't happen in the movie but it does in the game). My recollection is that the name of the game was "PacWar" but I can't find any reference to the game. Does anyone remember the name of the game? Or possibly have it in a closet somewhere?
Thanks.

You can download PacWar here at matrix
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/235/downloads/
Forum
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=17

I don't believe that there is the ending that you are thinking of in this game however, unless there is a mod that does that.

War in the Pacific and War in the Pacific AE could have scenarios that emulate this but as a long term forum member for these games I'm unaware what they are

I did a quick search for you and found this for
Carriers at war ...
http://forums.gamesquad.com/archive/index.php/t-68104.html
Hutch says
quote:

Fully expandable with the Warcard system for DYO scenarios. Most scenarios include at least one "what-if". As in Carriers at War, the A/C and the Nimitz are available for a "Final Countdown" scenario. Unlimited options available, you just have to program them.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to TimOusley)
Post #: 2
RE: Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario - 10/18/2013 2:10:21 AM   
Joe D.

quote:

I am trying to recall the name of an old DOS Pacific War game that had a scenario of the situation that appears in the movie "Final Countdown", where the 1941 Japanese fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor is discovered and attacked by a modern Nimitz battle group ...

I think this scenario was also incorporated into Carriers at War.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to TimOusley)
Post #: 3
RE: Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario - 10/20/2013 5:50:35 PM   
brucemcl777

quote:

I am trying to recall the name of an old DOS Pacific War game that had a scenario of the situation that appears in the movie "Final Countdown", where the 1941 Japanese fleet that attacked Pearl Harbor is discovered and attacked by a modern Nimitz battle group ...

I think this scenario was also incorporated into Carriers at War

Yes it was in Carriers at War - not the early 1980s one - or the 2008 one but the one released in the 1990s by SSG - and don't get too excited about it - I only bothered to play it once and it was ridiculous - you had at least 3 times the range of the Japanese carrier planes so their carriers could not even get close and you could fly and bomb their carriers at night and sink them - plus you had radar and they didn't - so the whole thing was no challenge at all like a Panzer tank attacking a guy with a spear. I'm a fan of the movie but this was just way too lopsided.

My favorite lawyer joke. Q/ What's the difference between a dead lawyer and a dead skunk in the middle of the road?
A/ The skunk has skid marks in front of him.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Game w/ Final Countdown Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI