Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beat PITF On Veteran Mode!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/11/2013 6:11:31 PM   
vobbnobb

This was very tough to do. But I'm proud.

My Last battle
My guys on veteran mode as well as Axis. I have never done this and it was very difficult. The last battle ended in st clement Rancoudray. It was the 134th Inf/35th Division & 12th Inf/4th Division Vs SS-PzGr.Rgt.21 & 10.SS-Panzer
The Greyhounds and Wolverines handled the German 75mm halftracks (they had 4) well and I put a wolverine on top of the hill overlooking. The 10.SS panzer only had halftracks, no tanks at all and some AT pieces. They called in HEAVY artillery barrage on me that killed many of my troops in a house at the end.

The Campaign

I was playing as Allies. I never let them get across the middle of the map and at one point had to chase a group down that broke through but won the battle thankfully. The StUG tanks at GER would nail 4 or 5 of my tanks constantly battle after battle during the first stages I couldn't even see them on map and was dead. The Panthers did the same at one map(rail station) where I think I had a wolverine hitting the frontal armor of a panther A at least 11 times! NO JOKE. without damage. Finally snuck up behind it with a light tank. MY most memorable moment was killing a Panther A with a stuart, I kept popping back and forth between cover and was on frontal armor. Then again the stugs where the worst and hardest to kill.
here is the finally outcome, check my armor losses.. Unbelievable.... 92 US armor destroyed..

Map artwork

Great job this was really well done and the artwork in all CC series are very detailed but this one was yet again a step up.
Post #: 1
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/11/2013 7:03:12 PM   
CGGrognard

Congratulations vobbnobb on your success!

The Panthers are difficult to take on, but as you have discovered, not invincible. Whereas the Germans would "armor" up their tanks, the Americans went for quantity and speed. The Stuart can maneuver quickly making it ideal to exploit the weakness of the Panther; the side and rear armor. Two Stuarts can be used effectively to defeat a Panther. One as "prey" to distract, and the other as the "predator" to maneuver in position for the kill works well provided they have adequate cover.

The StUGs disadvantage is that they have to turn to shoot. If your armor approaches from the side or rear, keep in mind the StUG has no choice but to engage. Your armor could possibly get off two shots before the StUG can turn into a firing position. Or you could just annoy him by using cover and popping out just enough to entice the StUG to turn, thereby occupying his attention while you move AT infantry or another tank into a kill postion.

When a battle group makes it through your line, close it off. This will close off their supply lines and make them less effective in combat. Then you can decide if and when to move in for the kill.

Best Regards
CGGrognard

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 2
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/13/2013 3:50:36 PM   
vobbnobb

Woops! Did I say veteran mode, I meant I beat it on Elite mode.

Also one minor thing but the vehicle names, we can see that it is only a tank, halftrack or truck acoording to the icon but not the name of it for instance Puma, Panther A, Sherman etc.. are not displayed after the battle at the solider section on both sides.

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 10/13/2013 4:41:38 PM >

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 3
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/13/2013 6:01:29 PM   
mooxe

If the AI was on elite that made it easier for you.

Put the AI on line, and yourself on elite. The lower the setting, the more equipment (such as armour) the AI gets. It does not affect soldier performance as far as I know.

VVV
http://www.closecombatseries.net

Play all versions of Close Combat at www.gameranger.com.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 4
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/14/2013 5:46:45 PM   
vobbnobb

^ yes it does. It is in fact the skill level. The experience and high moral go up for both sides making it very difficult on elite, ai enemy will try to use max points in group example use more tanks. and on elite men are NON green troops.

If you put it on recruit that just means your group will have recruit/green skill.

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 10/14/2013 5:48:20 PM >

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 5
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/14/2013 6:23:47 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: vobbnobb

^ yes it does. It is in fact the skill level. The experience and high moral go up for both sides making it very difficult on elite, ai enemy will try to use max points in group example use more tanks. and on elite men are NON green troops.

If you put it on recruit that just means your group will have recruit/green skill.

quote:

...there are two sliders indicating the Difficulty Level for each side: Recruit, Green, Line,
Veteran, and Elite. Recruit level difficulty provides better forces with higher morale, whereas,
Veterans play at normal levels of force strength. At Elite difficulty the particular side starts with
weakened forces. The Difficulty level also controls how quickly reinforcement pools regenerate
over time. The Line difficulty level is representative of historical conditions.

That's from the LSA manual, I don't have PiTF.

I'v never noticed much of a difference in morale or experience, from any version. So I ran a little experiment in LSA. I chose a battle, put my guys on recruit and checked morale. Then I went back and put my men on elite and checked morale. I did this about five times and there was no noticeable difference in the morale/exp. The only very noticeable difference was the amount of troops in my battlegroup, which were much less on the elite level. So I am curious to know if they totally changed all this in PiTF.

< Message edited by mooxe -- 10/14/2013 6:28:34 PM >

VVV
http://www.closecombatseries.net

Play all versions of Close Combat at www.gameranger.com.

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 6
RE: Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! - 10/14/2013 6:56:20 PM   
Kanov

No, its the same as always.

on Recruit -> side gets more troops, reinforcements etc. viceversa for Elite.

The slider is counter intuitive and should look at it from the player's skill rather than the units. If you're experienced set it on Elite and if you're new set it on Recruit.

It doesn't change morale or experience levels of units as far as I can see.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Beat PITF On Veteran Mode! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI