stacking penalty

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Tcao

stacking penalty

Post by Tcao »

Hi I know too many units in one place will trigger stacking penalty

My question is

1st, if not all units in an over-stacked place join the attack, let’s say only one or several units attack from an over-stacked place, and these attacking units will not have stacking penalty if they are put into an unoccupied hex, will this attack trigger stacking penalty?

2nd, in some of the scenarios, one unit can be very large, for example Fulda 76, the soviet’s Motor Rifle Regt. Is too large to the 5km/hex scale. If you divide one of Motor Rifle Regt unit, you will see 3 Bn sub-units stack together are yellow. So my question is, will the MRR unit trigger stacking penalty (combine 3 Bn as a Regt)?
Curtis Lemay

RE: stacking penalty

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Chicom Redneck

Hi I know too many units in one place will trigger stacking penalty

My question is

1st, if not all units in an over-stacked place join the attack, let’s say only one or several units attack from an over-stacked place, and these attacking units will not have stacking penalty if they are put into an unoccupied hex, will this attack trigger stacking penalty?

They still trigger the stacking penalty of their hex (and should).
2nd, in some of the scenarios, one unit can be very large, for example Fulda 76, the soviet’s Motor Rifle Regt. Is too large to the 5km/hex scale. If you divide one of Motor Rifle Regt unit, you will see 3 Bn sub-units stack together are yellow. So my question is, will the MRR unit trigger stacking penalty (combine 3 Bn as a Regt)?

A unit alone in a hex doesn't suffer a stacking penalty regardless of its size. Norm just assumed designers wouldn't create such units. He was wrong.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

Return to “TOAW III Support”