EDBTR Database Project

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

K 19

EDBTR Database Project

Post by K 19 »

EDBTR Database Project

This is an ongoing group project to improve the EDBTR database. Many board members are contributors. Please share your own version of the Database Project!

Please add your requests below. But reasonable requests only please. Don't ask anyone to redo the whole database, or to add unbalanced game-breaking changes or cheats. [:D]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest database mod version by Turner:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdb5i ... 131017.zip
warshipbuilder

RE: Anyone have any database mod requests?

Post by warshipbuilder »

500 words or less?[:D]

I suppose the big one is the Ta-152.

warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Less than 500 words would be best. [:'(]

Ta-52 issues have been added to the list. I'll look through the Ta thread and decide what to change.
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Ok. So far for the Ta-152's I have slightly tuned down their manueverability and durability stats, plus slightly lengthened their repair/maintanence times. I have also slighly increased engine manufacturing requirements to help keep aircraft production numbers down a bit.

Anyone else with a request?
Turner

Post by Turner »

The Ta152 is not overpowered, the availability date is. So don't kill the a/c performance over a issue related to production. The issue can be dealt with by imposing linear research restrictions as a house rule. More variants of the 190D/152 should be added instead to further delay the late 152 models.

The quick fix would be to up engine req to 2, that would very effectively delay its entry date.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

Trippin' with Jagdgeschwader 11
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

Good idea, this Database Project!! [:)]

Anyone else with a request?
Give me some time to think about it; I just woke up...

Turner

Post by Turner »

I've already started working on the stats for the 190D-11 & 13, if forced to build those before researching the Ta152 that would push its entry date way back. It is a more historically accurate way to deal with the 152. If you just kill its performance the game easily become unwinnable to the axis player.

K 19

Post by K 19 »

ORIGINAL: Turner

The Ta152 is not overpowered, the availability date is. So don't kill the a/c performance over a issue related to production. The issue can be dealt with by imposing linear research restrictions as a house rule. More variants of the 190D/152 should be added instead to further delay the late 152 models.

The quick fix would be to up engine req to 2, that would very effectively delay its entry date.

The editor is limited in what it can do. It appears that production specifics are hard-coded. It's possible to link what parts are required for which aircraft. But things like factory part production dates seem to be hard-coded. But it is possible to set aircraft assembly dates in the editor. From what I can see, Ta-152C assembly production date starts in January 1945.
Turner

Post by Turner »

There is nothing wrong with that date, it is the 190 family of a/c which is quite poorly handled by the game. Focus has been on the 109 and exotic jets.

K 19

Post by K 19 »

Ah, I see! Your quick fix idea to up FW-190 engine requirements to 2 is very easy to implement. No problem there.
Turner

Post by Turner »

Yes, for the Ta152s that would settle the issue of very early availability. The FW190 types should be left untouched.

npsergio

Post by npsergio »

I've already started working on the stats for the 190D-11 & 13, if forced to build those before researching the Ta152 that would push its entry date way back. It is a more historically accurate way to deal with the 152. If you just kill its performance the game easily become unwinnable to the axis player.

That's a great idea IMO (Fw 190 A 11 etc)
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

ORIGINAL: K 19

Ah, I see! Your quick fix idea to up FW-190 engine requirements to 2 is very easy to implement. No problem there.

we should keep in mind that changing the engine req to 2
would cause a double fuel consumption (fuel storage at airfield).
So it's a good advice to do some testing before releasing an updated database
to the public to avoid a game breaker.

K 19

Post by K 19 »

Yes, I didn't think about that. Good catch.
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Sounds good. Adding new aircraft to the database through the editor is possible, but it still might cause the game to crash. There's a lot of hard-coded stuff the editor cannot change.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I have no problems in making the Ta152 extremely rare.[8D]

From the above it sounds like its impossible but, Me109 & Fw190 production lines shouldnt be able to change without a very long delay and maybe use a lot of materials.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
K 19

Post by K 19 »

Looking through the editor more, I'm now convinced research trees and raw materials production is hard-coded.
K 19

Post by K 19 »

I think the easiest way to deal with the problem of the Ta-52 being too good too early (without changing it's performance stats or affecting it's fuel requirements) is to greatly increase it's repair/maintenance times. That way (regardless of production amounts or dates) they will be grounded much longer with fewer sorties, but still have the same performance. There's really no way to mod production times, production trees, or other values with the editor.
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

ORIGINAL: K 19

I think the easiest way to deal with the problem of the Ta-52 being too good too early (without changing it's performance stats or affecting it's fuel requirements) is to greatly increase it's repair/maintenance times. That way (regardless of production amounts or dates) they will be grounded much longer with fewer sorties, but still have the same performance. There's really no way to mod production times, production trees, or other values with the editor.

That's a good idea for all models. Maintenance times for all sides an models should be raised IMO
Turner

Post by Turner »

Well I am not convinced about that concept. Historically some days German pilots flew up to three sorties, as it is that is sometimes possible and the current maintenance times feel right. I don't understand the Ta152 aversion, you can limit the impact by use of house rules. To mod existing types further f ex replace the 109Z with a later 190D model and make house rules enforcing the 190D types to be operational before 152 research is allowed. That would fix the issue in a very historical manner. Two types to research before 152s would enforce a 6 month delay or so, mid '44 maybe.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”