I saw something in a recent game that I had never observed before that has been bothering me.
Mod - Kalthaniell Mass Effect Mod (as updated to Shadows by dostillevi )
Setup - 15x15, 1400 Stars, Normal Empire, Classic Era, Other Empires 15 (13 forced to the Mass Effect addons)
Pirates - Few and Weak
My Empire - Quarian Republic (Bonus Ship Maintenance, Resource Extraction, Tech, Tourism and Migration)
My Nearest neighbor was an extremely aggressive Salarian that had me under near constant Embargoes, Blockades, and finally a war all of ~10 years into the game.
I had militarized my mines and colonies early so suffered little damage from their War. I had however removed almost all of their non-Homesystem based mines.
- Their only colony system had 2 Marshy Planets, both colonized. one at 200M population the other ~400M.
- I landed 5 Troops on the Smaller Colony and found it essentially undefended and rapidly took it over.
- Almost immediately I got a Population is Revolting message that stated the revolt was Espionage caused.
- The First Revolt was put down, as was a Second Revolt
- During the Second Revolt I recruited a Newly developed Planetary Defense unit and a normal Battalion on the world.
- A Third Revolt struck before the newly recruited units had mobilized.
- The Third Revolt displayed on the screen as Quarian 86K vs. 9k (from population)
- ** When that Revolt was put down the Planets Control Reverted to the Salarian, even though I could still see my Troops on the Ground, and as I watched the recruited units came into play as well. Troops, Planet and the Base under construction all joined the enemy.
- Crippled with War Weariness I was pretty much forced to accept a peace offer.
nb: Even at Few and Weak I was in contact with 9 Pirate empires with almost 2/3 of the major Races yet unmet.