Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troops Defecting?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Troops Defecting? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 7:19:47 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

I saw something in a recent game that I had never observed before that has been bothering me.

Mod - Kalthaniell Mass Effect Mod (as updated to Shadows by dostillevi )
Setup - 15x15, 1400 Stars, Normal Empire, Classic Era, Other Empires 15 (13 forced to the Mass Effect addons)
Pirates - Few and Weak
My Empire - Quarian Republic (Bonus Ship Maintenance, Resource Extraction, Tech, Tourism and Migration)

My Nearest neighbor was an extremely aggressive Salarian that had me under near constant Embargoes, Blockades, and finally a war all of ~10 years into the game.
I had militarized my mines and colonies early so suffered little damage from their War. I had however removed almost all of their non-Homesystem based mines.

The Issue;
- Their only colony system had 2 Marshy Planets, both colonized. one at 200M population the other ~400M.
- I landed 5 Troops on the Smaller Colony and found it essentially undefended and rapidly took it over.
- Almost immediately I got a Population is Revolting message that stated the revolt was Espionage caused.
- The First Revolt was put down, as was a Second Revolt
- During the Second Revolt I recruited a Newly developed Planetary Defense unit and a normal Battalion on the world.
- A Third Revolt struck before the newly recruited units had mobilized.
- The Third Revolt displayed on the screen as Quarian 86K vs. 9k (from population)
- ** When that Revolt was put down the Planets Control Reverted to the Salarian, even though I could still see my Troops on the Ground, and as I watched the recruited units came into play as well. Troops, Planet and the Base under construction all joined the enemy.
- Crippled with War Weariness I was pretty much forced to accept a peace offer.

nb: Even at Few and Weak I was in contact with 9 Pirate empires with almost 2/3 of the major Races yet unmet.
Post #: 1
RE: Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 7:57:12 PM   
elanaagain

Not sure about the mod's effects - I don't use any (so far). You invaded the smaller (secondary colony) of two planets in the same system. The larger one (primary) is probably the home world - and therefor exerts a quite strong [political/social? I forget the name] pressure all around it. I have never tried invading a secondary colony in an enemy system - unless i massively attack/occupy the primary at same time - because i hate the flipping. The troops you invaded with originally flipped to become Salarian? Never had that happen - going native!

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 2
RE: Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 8:25:34 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Both world there were colonies, their Home system was a Sector away and an entirely different problem to crack. :)

But, yes, the Troops still had my force icons, and were still named Quarian XXX, but were no longer in my control. Not on the troops screen, but I could get details on all planet side info.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Troops Defecting? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI