Matrix Games Forums

Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Troops Defecting?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Troops Defecting? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 7:19:47 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

I saw something in a recent game that I had never observed before that has been bothering me.

Mod - Kalthaniell Mass Effect Mod (as updated to Shadows by dostillevi )
Setup - 15x15, 1400 Stars, Normal Empire, Classic Era, Other Empires 15 (13 forced to the Mass Effect addons)
Pirates - Few and Weak
My Empire - Quarian Republic (Bonus Ship Maintenance, Resource Extraction, Tech, Tourism and Migration)

My Nearest neighbor was an extremely aggressive Salarian that had me under near constant Embargoes, Blockades, and finally a war all of ~10 years into the game.
I had militarized my mines and colonies early so suffered little damage from their War. I had however removed almost all of their non-Homesystem based mines.

The Issue;
- Their only colony system had 2 Marshy Planets, both colonized. one at 200M population the other ~400M.
- I landed 5 Troops on the Smaller Colony and found it essentially undefended and rapidly took it over.
- Almost immediately I got a Population is Revolting message that stated the revolt was Espionage caused.
- The First Revolt was put down, as was a Second Revolt
- During the Second Revolt I recruited a Newly developed Planetary Defense unit and a normal Battalion on the world.
- A Third Revolt struck before the newly recruited units had mobilized.
- The Third Revolt displayed on the screen as Quarian 86K vs. 9k (from population)
- ** When that Revolt was put down the Planets Control Reverted to the Salarian, even though I could still see my Troops on the Ground, and as I watched the recruited units came into play as well. Troops, Planet and the Base under construction all joined the enemy.
- Crippled with War Weariness I was pretty much forced to accept a peace offer.

nb: Even at Few and Weak I was in contact with 9 Pirate empires with almost 2/3 of the major Races yet unmet.
Post #: 1
RE: Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 7:57:12 PM   
elanaagain

Not sure about the mod's effects - I don't use any (so far). You invaded the smaller (secondary colony) of two planets in the same system. The larger one (primary) is probably the home world - and therefor exerts a quite strong [political/social? I forget the name] pressure all around it. I have never tried invading a secondary colony in an enemy system - unless i massively attack/occupy the primary at same time - because i hate the flipping. The troops you invaded with originally flipped to become Salarian? Never had that happen - going native!

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 2
RE: Troops Defecting? - 10/7/2013 8:25:34 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Both world there were colonies, their Home system was a Sector away and an entirely different problem to crack. :)

But, yes, the Troops still had my force icons, and were still named Quarian XXX, but were no longer in my control. Not on the troops screen, but I could get details on all planet side info.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Troops Defecting? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI