Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor Re-release
I have finally decided to re-upload the unofficial EDBTR database editor that was briefly released to a select few a couple of years ago. I am not the original creator of this editor (he wishes to remain anonymous), but I was a beta tester for it.
This editor makes possible to adjust the following things in the EDBTR database:
Aircraft: Name, type, bitmap, speed, altitude, climb rate, manueverability, durability, armour rating, endurance, maximum load, maintanence time, factory production requirements, factory production dates, Allied aircraft replacement rates, and weapon types.
Aircraft groups: Group name, aircraft used, number of aircraft, base location, headquarters, group commander, and group starting stats.
Locations: Type (factory, airbase, radar site, etc), headquarters, and location coordinates.
Pilots: Name, rank, experience, group, leadership, and delay factor.
Group leader pilots: Name, rank, experience, group, leadership, and delay factor.
Weapons: Name, type, capacity, range, effect, penetration, accuracy, and production.
Scenario editor: Start date, starting industry points, starting terror points, points needed to win, and aircraft in pool.
Sound effects: Sound played per sound effect.
Installing and usage:
You must have Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic installed.
1. Back up ALL of your original .dat files located in your C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to the Bombing of the Reich\DAT folder (or wherever you have the DAT folder installed).
2. Upon unzipping, place the EDBTR Editor v1.15.xls file into your C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to the Bombing of the Reich\DAT folder (or wherever you have the DAT folder installed).
3. Open the file. You will see a row of tabs at the bottom. Make sure click the one that says 'aircraft'. Now at the top, you will see some tabs, such as load BoB 40. Click on one that you wish to mod. This will load it into the editor.
4. Go to the top of the page and look for the Excel 'Window' tab. Click on it, then click on 'Unfreeze Panes' tab. This will allow you to scroll through the editor now. You may need to do this for each editor tab you click.
5. To save your changes after modding is complete, you must be on the 'aircraft' page. Now click 'save BoB 40', or whichever .dat file you had loaded.
6. Now load you game and see if your mod works. Changes may not work properly on saved games. You will probably need to start a new game first.
If you are getting editor error messages, please try the following:
1. Open the command prompt. (Start Menu, Run, then type: cmd)
2. Type: cd\documents and settings
3. Press the Enter key
4. Now type: del /S /A:H /A:-H *.EXD
5. Press the Enter key
This database editor cannot modify any of the hard-coded core files. Therefore, some of the game's problems cannot be resolved with this editor alone. But it's better than nothing.
Please see the included readme file for installation and usage instructions.
Much thanks to the original creator of this great editor. Maybe now we can breath some life back into this abandoned and dying game by fixing certain problems. Mod away, and please share!
Unofficial EDBTR Editor v1.10c (works better with older versions of Microsoft Excel): http://www.filedropper.com/unofficialedbtreditorv110c
Unofficial EDBTR Database Editor v1.15: http://rapidshare.com/share/68456DA582B2CF5F578CBFF580850FCC
(thanks Creeper for providing the date bug fix in 1.15 version!)
< Message edited by K 19 -- 10/14/2013 2:08:13 AM >