Databases and Scenarios Images Packs-> Need Community Help

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikmykWS

Databases and Scenarios Images Packs-> Need Community Help

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi All,

We talked a bit today about our community downloads (DB Images, Scenarios, Custom Icons) and came to a consensus that we need your help maintaining this. The goal would be to provide a method and location where players can go out and grab what they need easily without having to dig through a forum. We'll host but need some help with the organization and management and we think you all as players are more equipped to do it as most of our time is tied up being developers. Other sites can mirror the content etc. no problem!

You can look at what we've done here:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

Please let us know what you think. If you're interested please form teams, get organized and let us know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks!

Mike
Mgellis

RE: Databases and Scenarios Images Packs-> Need Community Help

Post by Mgellis »

Mike,

This may be a stupid question, but how does one submit a scenario? Or some other resource? Just start a new thread in Warsim with an attached file? Thanks.

Mark
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Any brave soul? [:D]
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Mike,

This may be a stupid question, but how does one submit a scenario? Or some other resource? Just start a new thread in Warsim with an attached file? Thanks.

Mark

Hey Mark,

either here or there.

Just saw you submitted your first one - nice!
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
Af1352pasha

Post by Af1352pasha »

Already posted my first image package for US Air units for DB3000.

Ready to resume, for other nations and more.

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

(I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this...apologies if I should have posted it elsewhere.)

Ragnar,

FYI...I checked the image for the 38-m sailboat in the 402 build of the database; it is still showing the carrier. I figured you would want to know. Thanks.

Mark

ORIGINAL: emsoy

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Minor issues I spotted...

#1475 Civilian Motor Yacht [38 m] is listed as only 3 tons and 1 DP? That seems very low when the 13-meter yacht is listed as 10 tons.

#1379 Civilian Sailboat [38 m]...ummm...I'm not sure but the wrong picture may be linked to that record...I'm pretty sure that's not what a 38-m sailboat looks like. :)

CV60

Post by CV60 »

Mgellis-Have you downloaded the latest image package from

I made that change several weeks ago. FYI, the image package doesn't change with updates to the game program. Rather, you need to download the updated image package from the site above.
Right now, you will not get an image for a 38 meter sailboat in either the DB3000 or the CWDB databases. I need to find a suitable image for that entry.

(I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this...apologies if I should have posted it elsewhere.)
Ragnar, FYI...I checked the image for the 38-m sailboat in the 402 build of the database; it is still showing the carrier. I figured you would want to know. Thanks. Mark
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Got it, thanks. For some reason, my copy of Command kept the wrong image file, so I just deleted the image file and that fixed the problem.
ORIGINAL: CV60

Mgellis-Have you downloaded the latest image package from

I made that change several weeks ago. FYI, the image package doesn't change with updates to the game program. Rather, you need to download the updated image package from the site above.
Right now, you will not get an image for a 38 meter sailboat in either the DB3000 or the CWDB databases. I need to find a suitable image for that entry.

Ragnar, FYI...I checked the image for the 38-m sailboat in the 402 build of the database; it is still showing the carrier. I figured you would want to know. Thanks. Mark

tombo

Post by tombo »

....with the new 1.02 release out, are the scen and mods still OK to use?

also, what link/site is best way to D/L?

thx cheers,
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, they should still work fine.

The central page for download resources is here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

(Edited.)
I´m preparing a folder with images of South American units and their respective Database codes.

Saludos

P
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Hey guys,
hopefully the right place to ask:
Where would I actually post or rather send to missing unit's image files ready to get included in some next DB3000 images update?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Have a word with Stephen Lohr (CV60), he's currently coordinating the images collection.
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

I will, thanks.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

Have a word with Stephen Lohr (CV60), he's currently coordinating the images collection.

For anyone that is interested in helping to add to the CWDB and DB3000 image sets, if you post your image sets to the Matrix Command Mods and Scenarios page (tt.asp?forumid=1281). PM me to let me know you have done so, and I will definitely download them. If you don't PM me, I still usually see them, and download them. I'll then add them to the current image package, deconflict/rename if there are pre-existing images, and resize if necessary. I also add your name to the credits file. After I've collected 300-500 images or so, (usually in a month or so), I'll have the updated image package posted to
the Command Downloads webpage (http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876). If you are interested in helping, I will take any help I can get. In particular, I would like to address any gaps in the existing database image files. Here's a couple of guidelines:

1) I try to use uncopyrighted images or images that have been released into the public domain.
2) If possible, try to size the images to at least 800 pixels wide, and at least 250 KB in overall size. I'll re-adjust the size, but the more pixels I have to play with, the better the end product will be.
3)To the extent possible, try to have the actual photo represent the actual platform/weapon system. ie, try to have an database image of a Ticonderoga class Block 3 platform from 1992 be represented by a Ticonderoga class Block 3 vessel from 1992. While this is not always possible, my goal is to have the database photos be an historically accurate representation of the system.
MR_BURNS2

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

Is there a quick way of figuring out whether pictures are copyrighted? Do you need to contact the owners of the website, or do you simply look for information on the website?
Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

CV60

Post by CV60 »

I usually go with whatever the website says. I try very hard to use only US government or images that have been released to the public. Generally speaking, while "fair use" doctrine (see http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fa ... r-factors/) will allow the use of copyrighted images for work such as the image files in Command, I try very hard to avoid the whole issue. Consequentially, some of the image I have selected are of lower quality than others that are on the web, because the others are copyrighted. I also try to embed the source and any copyright information (or lack thereof) in the actual image file itself using Adobe Elements. If you don't have Adobe, send me the file and the source information, and I'll put it in for you.
Is there a quick way of figuring out whether pictures are copyrighted? Do you need to contact the owners of the website, or do you simply look for information on the website?

1nutworld

Post by 1nutworld »

If you are still looking for "helpers". I'd be glad to do what I can as well. Of course I haven't done anything like this so I'd need a little help the first time. Just let me know.

Thanks
Scott
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
CV60

Post by CV60 »

I PM'd you IRT your offer.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”