Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Control?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Control? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Control? - 9/28/2013 12:27:56 AM   
Locarnus

There is a pirate base on a planet I do not control.
I want that base removed.
How do I do that?

I m a rival pirate faction, so taking the planet is not an option.
I can send in a bunch of assault pods, but they leave the enemy pirate base untouched.

This is really annoying. I just want to wipe that base/pirate faction!
It seems when a pirate faction builds a base, that planet belongs to that pirate faction no matter what,eg no matter the 100k Troops and 30 ships of a rival pirate faction.

The same problem goes when I play a normal empire and pirates have bases on other empires planets. How do I get rid of them without taking the planet? I dont want the planet! I just want the pirate base (and the income/influence) gone...
You know, the standard way of invading to push enemy influence out and then installing your own crony network to prey on the economy, while leaving the locals in "charge"...

This is just bad...
Considering the previous "patching" experience, I hope I dont have to pay 23€ for the next addon to get a bugfix for this very annoying bug...

DW:U BalanceMod v0.9 (extended TechTree)
compatible with DW:U Extended, StarTrek and XPanded

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3624576
Post #: 1
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 12:35:44 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

This is largely why I haven't extinguished a Pirate faction in recent memory.

I have seen that when you have an attack on a base in progress, that any landing Pirates forces from other factions will join the attack to help destroy the base.

As well, it is annoying beyond belief having a large force on the ground, ships in orbit, and still a destroyed Base gets rebuilt almost instantly

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 2:08:46 AM   
LoweN

Well, you could find a devastation moon, repair it using a construction ship, and then blow up the planet. That would work.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 2:13:30 AM   
Locarnus

Well, I can also just use the editor, delete the independent colony (cant delete the facility alone), then plant a new one with similar population values. (Of course without the influences).

The problem is, the 10 other Pirate AI factions cant do that...

(in reply to LoweN)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 3:29:41 AM   
Fenrisfil

I seem to remember that pirates used to destroy facilities including pirate bases, but the problem then was you kept destroying your own bases. I don't believe they ever intended to stop you destroying enemy pirate bases with raids, so certainly seems a like a patch introduced bug.

I also don't know why normal empires can't raid. Sure, they should take a small reputation hit (unless at war) to put them off doing it as often as pirates, but it seems like a perfectly valid tactic for a galactic empire to take and would at least provide some opportunity to destroy those bases without taking or blowing up the planet.

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 1:00:40 PM   
Canute

quote:

I can send in a bunch of assault pods, but they leave the enemy pirate base untouched.

There is only a chance that a raid damage a base.
You need to raid the planet a few times before the enemy base is destroyed.

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/28/2013 2:17:06 PM   
Locarnus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fenrisfil

I seem to remember that pirates used to destroy facilities including pirate bases, but the problem then was you kept destroying your own bases. I don't believe they ever intended to stop you destroying enemy pirate bases with raids, so certainly seems a like a patch introduced bug.

I also don't know why normal empires can't raid. Sure, they should take a small reputation hit (unless at war) to put them off doing it as often as pirates, but it seems like a perfectly valid tactic for a galactic empire to take and would at least provide some opportunity to destroy those bases without taking or blowing up the planet.

Hm, ok.
And yes, it would be really nice if normal empires can raid too. If an empire just wont make peace the player could raid their homeworld, which should make them want peace...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canute

There is only a chance that a raid damage a base.
You need to raid the planet a few times before the enemy base is destroyed.

Thanks, will try that. Still would prefer it if I could specifically target the pirate base. Maybe in the ground resolution screen when my troops are on the ground?

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 9/30/2013 7:18:34 PM   
Fenrisfil

Perhaps they should simply add an option to the drop down menu "Attack Pirate Base".

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 8
RE: How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Co... - 10/1/2013 8:46:15 AM   
Canute

Why do you think they are called "hidden" ? :-)

(in reply to Fenrisfil)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to Destroy Hidden Pirate base without Planet Control? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI