Public Beta v1.01 Available

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Andrew Loveridge

Public Beta v1.01 Available

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi guys

The team have been hard at work and have the first patch ready for a public beta 1.01. It includes a host of changes and fixes and even a new scenario!

You can download the beta patch here:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/CW2/Pa ... 1PBrc1.zip

Or

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CivilWarI ... 1PBrc1.exe

Full Change Log:

Patch 1.01

Release Date: September 27, 2013

How to update your game:

This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.

Exceptionally, you'll be prompted again for your serial key. This is because we are updating the file storing it, so we can disable turn compression by default for all users (increased stability). Sorry for the inconvenience.

LIST OF CHANGES
    [b]Bonus Scenario[/b] [ul] There is a new mid-sized scenario proposed in this patch, the West Campaign, featuring the operations of famous generals Grant, Sherman, Johnston and a few others well-known faces. This campaign lasts 24 turns and is a great stepping-stone for people wanting to prepare for the Grand Campaign!
Interface
    Flag fluttering is stopped during hosting. Scrolling is now done 3 messages at a time in message panel (half of message panel height). Leaders masking others stacks in region get more informative tooltips Boot icon tooltip fixed Tab in ledger renamed Changed the look of some CSA flags Very slow or under recruitments units get a brown ribbon.
Gameplay
    Battle planner will trigger often (there can be false positive, i.e it triggers but no battle ensues) Blockade Runner 'income' increased (were suffering from the reduction from 'easy OMB handling') Development level increases moderately movement cost (-20% speed in wild region, -10% in cleared, no change above) Weather will be more variable depending of the grand weather zones. Neutral units can't pillage your regions. Battle planner will only trigger if a battle is certain. At most 5 deployments shown and usable.
AI
    Recon&Raid max distance from 5 to 2 regions AI Aggressivity down, overall and in Mid-Atlantic particularly AI dismiss brigades more often resulting in improved formations with more punch! Optimized slightly AI recruitments
Events
    Added events (USA) for Indian Home guard units in KS (thanks Ol'Choctaw) Unlocked Tennessee in July Union River Ironclads can be built earlier KY neutrality event cancelled Added event for Texas-Mexico border trade Several new flavor events added for CSA and USA Fixed CSS Alabama construction events Fixed volunteers options Fixed Slaves options Improved Industrial Options (icons on the map) Divisions can now be formed from October 61 only (no limit) Corps can now be formed from March 62 only (no limit)
Data
    Naval Engineer ability added (explains they speed up ship construction/repair) Added rail repair fastest attribute (x2) to engineers and pioneers Fixed movement type of rangers (and 'light' units) to avoid their frequent 'walk on water' capabilities, plus a terrain cost was fixed Fixed links between AZ OMB and map Fixed some VA multiple entry ports Fixed intermixed images of J. Palmer (admiral and general were swapped) Reduced Defensive Works decisions trenches level from 8 to 4 and increased its duration to 2 turns instead of 1 Fixed some wronged weather names on terrains Fixed wrong elements names of Longstreet and Cocke's brigades Added Nashville force + Zollicoffer in April campaign (June reinforcement missing) Removed double Central California garrison Fixed wrong Army names at start Union cottonclads are now Tinclads Brigades OH/PA are in the game Minor Map fixes (St Paul MN) Added initial shipyards in Cairo IL and Saint Louis MO Fixed Models for erroneous abilities and pictures (siege art) Fixed Units for erroneous zones of construction (siege arty) Fixed some abilities displayed wrongly Fixed regions for proper city sprite position displays Minor Terrain fixes Added Dynamic Graphics to give more feedback on region structures to player Fixed some upstate NY cities wrong location Fixed Indian territory settlements and forts Added some CSA redoubts (Camden AR, Ft Pillow) Fixed Eastern TN unionists + added Knoxville and Chattanooga as strategic cities
[/ul]
vonRocko

RE: Public Beta v1.01 Available

Post by vonRocko »

Thanks for getting this out for the weekend. Has the corp formation bug been fixed? I don't see it on the list.

edit: Sorry,I see it now.
Rekm41

Post by Rekm41 »

Thank you thank you.. :)
Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
Rekm41

Post by Rekm41 »

LOL. You have Capitol spelled incorrectly. No e at the end. eg Annapolis
Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

Thanks. Gonna try it out this weekend. Glad these things listed were first priority.
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
Toro12

Post by Toro12 »

If I might, I like the icon for damaged rails, but I think it needs to be a bit more noticeable. I'll let the designers work on exactly how, but with the initial issue in Baltimore, I probably wouldn't have noticed it right away if I didn't expect it w/ a new game. Maybe a notification script?
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

Corps formation is fixed indeed
AGEOD Team
Maesphil74

Post by Maesphil74 »

Thanks. Have been fooling around with the smaller scenarios. Now it's time to fire her up for a grand campaign!
Phil
melvi

Post by melvi »

Hello,

First of all thanks for all the work you doing to improve the game.
I downloaded this new patch and i have started a new big campaign. One of the first things i realiced is that all unit icons now have only 2 chevrons on the left upper side regardless of the regiments quantity that form the brigade. Another thing is that raised units to react an enemy invasion now come with unfixed militias. Before patch when this event happened i have had one cavalry and artillery "movable" regiments and 2 fixed miltia regiments.

Regards:

Melvi

I am gonna add that all units that have more than one regiment, brigades with only one regiment have none chevron
melvi

Post by melvi »

I think in 1.00 battles removed the "fixed unit" that garrison units had, not sure though. But this happened to me today.

The garrison units in fort Monroe are still fixed after the battle. Maybe a bug?

Melvi

Attachments
battle.jpg
battle.jpg (437.43 KiB) Viewed 231 times
melvi

Post by melvi »

Umhh i am going to answer myself ( i cant see the "edit" button in my previous post) . There is a difference in the upper right ribbon. There is one dark red that means fixed units and there is another black? one that "only" mean "slow units". That last one is the ribbon i can see in my units in Ft Monroe. I hope you can add those to a division. Ill try in couple turns since i cant form divisions yet.

Melvi.

PD: Btw this new "slow units" is a very, very nice detail. 8)
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Um, is this patch supposed to include the graphics for Siege Artillery?

I have installed it and the Siege Artillery units are still blank ... not a graphic in sight!

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
melvi

Post by melvi »

Yup, they sure are 8)

Attachments
siege.jpg
siege.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 231 times
aspqrz02

Post by aspqrz02 »

Well, then I have a problem.

I have installed and reinstalled and they are not appearing, even on newly started games.

Any suggestions, anyone?

=====
edit
=====
Ah. Rotten installer installed it in a SEPARATE folder rather than OVER the existing files. Had to move the files across manually. All pretty now!

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

EDITED OUT: next release candidate postponed until Monday, sorry gents.
AGEOD Team
wosung

Post by wosung »

Thanks for the patch, Pocus.

However when I just tried to apply it to a working last 1.01 patch version I got:

Setup was unable to create the directory AACW2\CW2\graphics\logos*
Error 123 wrong syntax

Best regards
wosung
wosung

Post by wosung »

What happened next is I aborted patching.
Restarted AACW2 and got:

Stettings: Erroneous value or family alias while reading an AI affinity Reading affinity 1-7
wosung
JohnBar

Post by JohnBar »

Likewise. Same error message. Still occurs after I aborted, and rolled back.
JohnB
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

After this last minute problem, I was able to upload (and testing it with a working release version of CW2) another patch, without the error.

If you don't mind, please head to
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... post292335

Monday, normal operations will resume, rest assured. This end of week is just a bit of a rush [;)]
AGEOD Team
wosung

Post by wosung »

Great.
2nd CW2 PB 1.01 RC3 is no problem to install. It also loads a save game from CW2 PB 1.01 RC1. (Using save games, NOT resume)
I had to refill the user key form. And re-change to my custom setting.

What also worked after rerolling from corrupt First CW2 PB 1.01 RC3: Re-installing CW2 PB 1.01 RC1.

And:
Corrupt First CW2 PB 1.01 RC3: 13,6 MB
Good 2nd CW2 PB 1.01 RC3: 10,6 MB

Best regards & have a nice weekend!
wosung

Return to “Civil War II”