IJN squadron with IJA HQ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sieppo

IJN squadron with IJA HQ?

Post by Sieppo »

Does it really matter?
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
castor troy

RE: IJN squadron with IJA HQ?

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Does it really matter?

no. The only thing you should go with is "restricted" or "non restricted". This of course only if you don't want to have that historical flavour of having every unit and every squadron within the HQ it should be, but a) you won't have enough pp for it and b) that's something for the real history buffs I guess and c) it will be a sh*tload of work.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

Ok thanks :)!
> A diamond?
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

But you know legends say that a wargamer fairy dies each time you do these kind of mismatchs

Besides, it is also a fact that IJA mechanics will sabotage IJN planes from time to time and viceversa [:D]
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I actually tried that once [X(]. Got the OOB and wanted to have like everyone involved in the PI invasion attached to the 16th HQ. Quickly found out what a chore plus very costly it was going to be to do that.

Once I figured out that only the type of HQ matters and the units do not need to actually be attached to them to get the benefits, I gave it up.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

But you know legends say that a wargamer fairy dies each time you do these kind of mismatchs

Besides, it is also a fact that IJA mechanics will sabotage IJN planes from time to time and viceversa [:D]

[:D] I know.. And I really would like to do that now that I realized the whole thing but I dont think I will have the PP's like ever..
> A diamond?
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

I watched this movie where the Japanese army attacker the navy's barracks and other crazy s*it like that..
> A diamond?
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Related to the other thread that was started on aircraft upgrades... In order to be able to upgrade without having an AF7/20k supply at the base the unit is at, doesn't the HQ in range have to be the unit's assigned HQ (or a command HQ)? Or does it not matter for that as well (i.e., any HQa within range would work)?
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I personally try to keep the groups as cohesive as possible, simply because it is easier to sort and manage

but not to the point of paying PP point.

Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Related to the other thread that was started on aircraft upgrades... In order to be able to upgrade without having an AF7/20k supply at the base the unit is at, doesn't the HQ in range have to be the unit's assigned HQ (or a command HQ)? Or does it not matter for that as well (i.e., any HQa within range would work)?

I think it need to be the HQ OR the command HQ of the air HQ. Too tired to check the manual now..
> A diamond?
1EyedJacks

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Does it really matter?

no. The only thing you should go with is "restricted" or "non restricted". This of course only if you don't want to have that historical flavour of having every unit and every squadron within the HQ it should be, but a) you won't have enough pp for it and b) that's something for the real history buffs I guess and c) it will be a sh*tload of work.

My experience is that I get better replacements when there are good supplies and the correct air HQ. Does anyone else notice this?
TTFN,

Mike

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”