Suprass vs Battlevonwar- "small mod" War is over

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

suprass81

Suprass vs Battlevonwar- "small mod" War is over

Post by suprass81 »

Hi. We start another game with small mod.
Things changed- Russia NM drop in 1916 and revolution events will came later- I hope
To trigger US to war CP need to destroy 100 pp in convoys
Subs cost is now 35 and starting naval attack is higher- 3.
Rest is "oryginall" so the war will be very intensive at some point :D
suprass81

RE: Suprass vs Battlevonwar- "small mod"

Post by suprass81 »

Here is the situation after couple of first turns.
CP strike hard in France and after intense and bloody fights (French lost 4 garissons and 2 corps- Germans lost 2 corps if I remember correct.
In Serbia I've maid en error and after intense fight I'have lost Belgrade but my lines holds for now. I've maid some attacks to down AH production.
In Russia I wanted to do a "recon by fire" and AH took me by surprise. I have lost cavalry corps and garrison and was forced to withdraw. I want to defend in Russia. Maybe it will be a deep defence...
At the sea my DD fall into a trap so great naval battle started. Entente lost one BB nad one DD same as CP (If I remember correct.)
My plan is to force CP to put as many resorces and atention as they can at eastern front whil western alliance prepare 1915 offensive- I will try to finish war quick.
From now I will try to post news from front lines every day.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

This is taken from your turn 7. It highlights the very reason I hate the standard naval game with a passion, so I never play a bog standard game ever its rubbish naval wise.This close blockade by the British surface fleet of the coast of Germany, early in the war in reality was impossible to achieve, and yet in this game its simple and straight forward, what part do the game designers, who tested this game not understand if the British Admiralty thought it was a suicide mission to attempt, with losses by Submarine and Destroyer torpedo attacks one off the main reasons it was impossible to do, without Britain handing Germany her naval supremacy on a plate. Nelson would turn in his grave with disgust, the games basic naval game is RUBBISH TOTAL AND UTTER DROSS![:@][:@][:@][:@]

Germanys defence network GREEN DOT AREA should ensure that the British attacking fleet would take unsustainable losses.

Attachments
Thisiswh..sbroken.jpg
Thisiswh..sbroken.jpg (175.63 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Make it so!
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

29 OCT to 12 NOV 1914

French pusch forward. I will try to use a hole near the Strassburg. I will cros the reaver and attack the city. If there will be a possibility I will try to advance to Stuttgard. I can see that CP has small force in this area.
At last I will force Battlevonwar to move his units to close this hole. I can see a lot of German's cavalry on both fronts.
In Russia Brest-Litovsk is lost. CP has sorrounded it and it's only a matter of time- I think that CP will launch an assault at winter- now thay want to hit as much as thaty can. I will try to use their errors to strike back where I can. Second picture from this front shows a successfull counterattack. AH sits quiet at both fronts- Russian's and Serbian's... BVW is planning something....
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

26 NOV 1914

French took Stuttgart! Germans hole in the line enable me to make a deep strike int their land. I've got abot 2 or 3 turns before counterattack (I think they will try to cut my forces at the Switzerland border). Next turn I will scout with my fighter squadron and maybee I will be able to take something more. This offensive made a big impact to on Germany's production! If only Russia could survive.
In Russia ther are lot of manuvers. Tzar's army counterattack on advancing CP force destrying infantry and cavalry (Germans) corpses at Vilna... but Russian's commanders have made some bad moves in the heat of fights leaving road open to strike arty (my bad move). Next turn there will ba lot of manuvers too.
Russians strike at Vinnytsia sector too. Maybe it's my mistake but I want to kill as much as I can befor winter and than retreat to deeper positions. Victory or death!
Quiet in the Balkans...

suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

10 DEC 1914

Quiet...
Only Serbians attacked two AH cities to keep production down.
Russians regroup and takeing new positions. There will be no offensive in winter. I have to be ready If BVW will try to push through marshes... Front line is to long to maintain army that cover it all so I will have to build nests of defence.
French repaired damaged units. German Arty is sent to Verdun sector, also Antwerp is neutral... Germans will strike as I said to cut me at Switzerland border I think...
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

24 DEC 1914

Quiet...
Only French attacked Germans cavalry corps. It looks like BVW will try to retake Stuttgart. I will try to hold as much as I can and same time prepare an offensive to Belgium direction.
In Russia CP push slowly through marshes...
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

7 JAN 1915

Germans retook Stuttgart! I wasn't think that it would be that fast... I was thinking that winter could help me and art with lowered effectines will be not enough but I was wrong. At last I could see that AH arty gave support in this attack. I have saved Serbians of a little longer but this can be important. Otherwise quiet.

21 JAN 1915.
Quiet. French forces withdraw to safer positions.
Ottoman Empire push forward into Russia. I have to do something about it. I've just started to build fighter squadron to have an ability to recon CP.
If there will be no problems Im planning to lounch Western offensive in May.
operating

Post by operating »

Hi. We start another game with small mod.
Things changed- Russia NM drop in 1916 and revolution events will came later- I hope
To trigger US to war CP need to destroy 100 pp in convoys
Subs cost is now 35 and starting naval attack is higher- 3.
Rest is "oryginall" so the war will be very intensive at some point :D

< Message edited by suprass81 -- 9/25/2013 6:34:55 AM >

NM penalty exactly when in 1916, at what % and what is it effects?
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

For now First Russians Revolution will start under two conditions if NM drop to level of 60% or lower and there have to be at last 1916. It means that if Russians NM will be for example 61% in late 1916 they will still fight without revolution.
First Revolution down morale -20%
Second Revolution starts after Russians NM reach level of 20% or lower- then they got - 10%.
That are changes about Russia.

If I'm correct "Oryginal game" has first Revolution event at 1916 if morale level 80% or less. They have the - 30% NM penalty
Second revolution start from level 40% or lower and cause - 35%

Now I have 76% so if we would play "oryginal" and there was 1916 I should have after both Revolutions 1%!!!
This impact is to big.
for now situation isn't so bad for me (with this mod) but I'm thinkig about changing it a bit more- If BVW wanted to destroy my Russians battleship (I can't do nothing to save it if he make blockade at the start of war with Russians) i should have 66%
so he would be 6& before triggering first Revolution in January of 1916...
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Please see photo below regarding Russian February Revolution event.

First red arrow highlights the start date = 1917 ( NOT 1916 )

Second red arrow highlights Russian morale at that date.

Third red arrow shows a 10 points boost to Russian morale, and not a reduction to morale as the current 1.30 patch. ( February Revolution was a good thing for Russia, and had a galvanising effect on the people )

NB: I have contacted Lordzimoa with the hope that these changes, can be implemented into the up and coming patch, so that the Russian Revolution problem can finally be put to bed.

Attachments
RussianRevolution.jpg
RussianRevolution.jpg (71.24 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Another important National Morale that has been changed since the original game release, is the Morale Surrender Base level.

In the original game manual this level was zero for all Countries, then in the 1.30 patch it was increased to 30, I have reduced it so that no Country will surrender until the Morale Base Level is 10.

Attachments
AllCountr..morale..jpg
AllCountr..morale..jpg (164.92 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk

Don't get me wrong; My France was at 2% for a couple of turns, before bombing brought it down to "0%", then came surrender.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

18 FEB 1915
Ottoman Empire forced me to retreat. I don't want to be cut off.
Otherwise quiet.
I was trying to capturp Antwerp but Germans was first. Their subs attack my garrison at sea but revange was at my side. I've destryed them.

18 MAR 1915

CP launched a surprise attack on Netherlands. They captured capitall and soon will have all of the cities. I will try to make a landing with British forces and at last keep them busy. My units all almost ready to beginning offensive in the west.
Also I will try to capture Antwerp again.
Russians push forward in the southern sector. I will make attacks on both fronts- first will strike brave Tsar's soldiers. Than West Allied will attack. I hop that this will be to much for CP.
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Another important National Morale that has been changed since the original game release, is the Morale Surrender Base level.

In the original game manual this level was zero for all Countries, then in the 1.30 patch it was increased to 30, I have reduced it so that no Country will surrender until the Morale Base Level is 10.

Is that your changes on morale level to surrender are enough? In "oryginal game" with 1.30 countries fight until they are 0%. Check your changes because there is something wrong I think... Also- if I'm correct some of events take place if the NM level is under 30%...
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

15 APR 1915

I forgot to take pictures last turn... Russian counterattack failed. I was only able to kill some garrisons and one cavalry unit. It looks like I've killed my army! Initiative is at CP side for now.
I have to withdraw and regroup but I thinks that there is to late. If Germans will strike hard they can crush my army. I will try to stop them as long as I can. Also on southern sector AH arty starts to support AH ground units.
Netherlands surrendered and I had to withdraw British from this sector. Germans prepared ambush on my fleet and losses are heavy... I have sunk Germans convoy and move fleet to safer waters.
In France I have made a breach (German cavalry and garrison destroyed). There are some reserves in Netherlands and I hope BVW will be unable to move it from there into fight this turn (there are lot of cavalry) I have to force him to retreat from trenches- f so I will launch full offensive there. If Germans use cavalry to block my way I can massacre them with my arty.
Also I'm ready to make a small push towards Split to make AH busy.
I need Italians to save Russia!

suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

13 MAY to 8 JUL 1915
France.

Heavy fights. British lost 2 infantry and one cavalry corps. French two infantry corps. I'm prepareing new offensive on Strassburg. For now I will sit quiet because of my gas upgrade. If I will use it first I will speed Bulgarians entry which would not be nice.

suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

27 MAY to 8 JUL 1915
Italy

Italy entered war with small German ambush prepared at their borders. Bu it seems that most of the troops where gathered to front with haste and they are at poor condition. I was trying to use it and launch a limited offensive to kill some CP soldiers and to down Trieste production.
Last turn (8 JUL) I didn't took a picture becouste there were no moves.
suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

13 MAY to 08 JUL 1915

Serbia

Successeful attack on Catarro convinced me to take Split. I have sent there fresh reinforcements (Italians and British) but last turn before landing Germans arrived. I was forced to cancel operation. Now I'm preparing defence against Bulgarians. Also AH took their arty from southern Russia- I feel that BVW wants to finish Serbia- I will fight!

suprass81

Post by suprass81 »

13 MAY to 08 JUL 1915

Russia
Mostly quiet at this front. 24th of JUN AH withdraw their arty. It is surly going to Serbia so I mast do something. I will at last mark my offensive at southern sector of Russian front to forc arty back. I need Serbia alive. If I will be lucky I will be able to make some progress.

... and Russian Southern Front. There are too much of Ottomans

Return to “After Action Reports”