Battlestack artillery and FOW artillery

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

nicodede62

Battlestack artillery and FOW artillery

Post by nicodede62 »

Hi vic, I need clarification for artillery.

First:

I have two units ready to fire at enemies, I shot with my chimera has a range of two hexes. Each unit uses 120 for battlestack, but the stormtroopers can't shoot because they usually have only one hex range.
When I launch the attack, the two units are added when it should not.

When I try again, this is confirmed because I have 120 at artillerystack:

Its a bug ?

Second, but more important:

I have three Leman Russ ready to fire on a united hidden in the woods.

I know nothing of this unit, but in firing at them, I have exactly the number of units present.

Just one question, why ???

This is the same in the basic version, it removes any strategic interest.
The unit is not clearly identified, we should not know how many units are inside. It's the same thing if recognition is average, artillery tells us exactly the number of units and type.

Another question, why ??? [;)]
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

RE: Battlestack artillery and FOW artillery

Post by Vic »

1. I think the artillery stack thing is only a preview issue right? if you actually attack it will only place the battlestack points of the arti that can reach that hex on that hex?

2. Yeah its a long standing engine weakness. The same issue with using other types of combat like single fighter units or 1 man scout units in regular attack. I plan to adress it eventually but its quite complicated actually to make this work.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Thanks for response Vic

1: Yes, it's a preview, but it can be misleading.
Another example, if I shoot with a third unit. While there are only two that can shoot normally, the unit is not in range but is still counted.

This is misleading if the player does not know the firing range of all units and will not be if there be penalties or not.

2: I hope you will arrive one day to solve the problem because even for the basic game, it's problematic.
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

Post by Vic »

I put the preview glitch on the to-do list for the next patch.

The other issue is allas to big. But me too hope i get around to it one day. To be honest its on the list for when I get around to a full new version of Advanced Tactics. So you'll have to live with this for the forseeable future :) A workaround you might want to use it to tweak the rulevars for recon and make a unit quicker completely invisible, that way fire cannot be opened at all.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Again thank you for your answers and waiting the patch.

For the second problem, I await a atg 2 [:)].
- Pour l'Empereur -
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

Wonderful looking Mod. Is it available to the public ? Can it be played VS the AI ?

Thanks.
ORIGINAL: nicodede62

Again thank you for your answers and waiting the patch.

For the second problem, I await a atg 2 [:)].
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Thank you Richard.

No, the mod is not finished yet and is not yet available. After two years of work and over and over overhaul of the combat system, I touch soon to end (version 0.958).

I must soon test internally with a friend to see if the new system with line of sight is acceptable on atg (Manage between players).

By cons, the ia is not available, especially with the type of combat indicated above. But in return, the multiplayer experience is a thousand times more enjoyable without ia, which in any case has never been able to integrate the changes that I made.

But as said, the bulk of the work is done:

- New interface
- All the sounds of the known universe integrated (movement and battle in stereo)
- All races are finished in images and sounds
- Random Map with 7 races (unique units for space marines, chaos, imperial guard, orks, eldars, tau and tyranids)

The most bulk of the work after these tests will the statistic for units for the remaining five races (I'm currently testing the Imperial Guard and Orks).

And for more fun on maps, different war zones (ice world, desert, chaotic, jungle, ect ....)
- Pour l'Empereur -
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yeah it looks great Nico, you've been diligently working on your mod for quite a while now [&o] and it shows, it looks awesome. Almost a direct competitor with the upcoming Warhammer 40.000 that will use the Panzer Corps engine, maybe players will like your version even better. [:D]
Too bad no AI [:(]
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Thank you again for the encouragement josh [;)].

I too am disappointed for the ia, she never wanted to run with the mod and from the start of mod. Do not ask me why, I do not know absolutely nothing...
She behaved strangely and I immediately switch to multiplayer only.

I know that much of you will be happy to play against the computer, maybe later in a version more light.
- Pour l'Empereur -

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”