Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBigBabes and AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabes and AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBigBabes and AI - 9/22/2013 10:47:17 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

I read it is not advisable to play DaBigBabes against the AI

But my question is: If I am playing as Japan, are they measure that can be taken to mitigate Allied AI's shortcomings? maybe follow a very historical play? maybe go with "very hard" AI difficulty?

thanks in advance

EDIT: Would the AI hold is ground for 6 months? 1 year? I guess it will probably fail to plan good offensive campaigns.. but as long as it can play the defensive phase, it will be good.

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 9/23/2013 12:48:31 AM >

"From now on, the more we work, the happier we will become. Let’s make the culture of Greater East Asia flourish more and more. In order that the peoples of Greater East Asia can communicate with each other, let’s learn Japanese"
Post #: 1
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 9/23/2013 6:07:32 AM   
Yaab

I would also like to hear the answers. Heard so many warnings not to play against Allied AI in DaBigBabes. Is it really that bad?

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 2
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 9/23/2013 6:26:43 AM   
Alfred

Any mod which uses the enhanced map ie the one with the extra bases, is quite unsuitable for play against the AI because the AI scripts have not been rewritten. Thus the AI does not recognise and therefore does not plan for, the new bases.

Symon has been quite clear on playing the AI. Provided it is the standard map, the stock scripts retain their value for play against the Japanese AI. The AI doesn't really use properly the different logistical units introduced into DaBabes. This tends to impact more on the Allied side and is a factor in why playing the Allied AI is not recommended.

However, if a player shows considerable restraint, there is always some benefit in playing against the AI notwithstanding which mod is used.

Alfred

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 9/23/2013 7:41:50 AM   
Sardaukar

DaBigBabes works (decently) only against Japanese AI. Against Allied AI, it's no go.

DaBigBabes is more for PBEM, but you can get decent game vs. Japanese AI. If you want fully functional game vs. AI on both sides, play DaLiteBabes. Latter is compatible with AI scripts.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 9/23/2013 7:43:32 AM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 9/23/2013 1:51:48 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Thanks for the answers

A pitty there is no way to play Japan; in my current scen1 game; it had become too easy to build bases from scratch in multiple places at the same time

but I will go Da-Babes as soon as I move to Allies

best regards

"From now on, the more we work, the happier we will become. Let’s make the culture of Greater East Asia flourish more and more. In order that the peoples of Greater East Asia can communicate with each other, let’s learn Japanese"

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 10/6/2013 10:23:14 PM   
pcellsworth

Go ahead and modified the scripts. Its not real hard. I notice that it takes the AI a long time to attack Subic Bay. It will do so eventually.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 6
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/12/2014 9:23:38 AM   
Tanaka

The AI cannot use the extended map but can it use the new asia roads or does that include the extended map as well? Is there a version of the vanilla map with new asia roads?

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/map-and-art/new-asia-roads

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/12/2014 10:24:31 AM >

(in reply to pcellsworth)
Post #: 7
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/13/2014 4:23:01 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
The AI cannot use the extended map ....

Sigh … Once again, I must respond to misinformation. Tanaka, I thought you knew better. You been around long enough to understand the gloss on the AI thing. Gosh !

The AI certainly CAN use the extended map. There is NOTHING that says it can’t. The extended map has extra bases and a (very) few of these are in new hex locations.

The EM bases, like Abadan and Aden are in exactly the same slot locations as they are in Stock, so that is a non-issue.

Then, there’s AB’s North India slot expansion. Since nobody ever goes there, it’s WTF. If they ever do, the AI plays on its “INTERNAL” calls and will do this and that, without regard to scripts.

Then, there’s the other new bases and hexes (in new slots), like Subic Bay and Shortlands, and a couple places in Malaya. The “scripts” can’t see these, but they are all next door to a “script initiated” target, so the “INTERNAL” AI will recognize them and deal with them in the normal course.

If you play a BabesLite Scenario B, using the Extended Map, you are completely and totally compatible with any and all AI files written for Stock, including Andy’s latest and greatest.

Is there any way I can make this more clear?

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/13/2014 7:30:19 PM   
Sardaukar

Is there any new(er) AI files that'd work well with DaLiteBabes A? Even better if DaBigBabes A?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 9
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/14/2014 5:32:31 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar
Is there any new(er) AI files that'd work well with DaLiteBabes A? Even better if DaBigBabes A?

Every AI script, ever written, uses the basis Stock LCU slot listings. ALL the AI files use that basis. AndyMac's new stuff uses those same listings but sends them off on unusual missions.

IF A SCEN IS COMPATIBLE WITH STOCK AI, IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER AI FILE WRITTEN FOR STOCK, TO EXACTLY THE SAME DEGREE.

BabesLite (A, B, or C) is compatible with any and all AI scripts written for any and all stock scenarios. BabesLite (A, B, or C) is AI compatible with the Extended Map. BabesLite (A, B, or C) is AI compatible with Stacking Limits for the human player: the AI will not recognize them for computer play.

DaBigBabes (A, B, or C) can be played against a Japanese AI, no matter what AI files you use, just like BabesLite, or Stock.

DaBigBabes (A, B, or C) can be played against an Allied AI, but requires a great deal of thought and attention.

Ciao. JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 10
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/14/2014 7:22:57 PM   
Big B

.... yes.... but, ...will it work with the AI?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon
Sigh … Once again, I must respond to misinformation. ...

The AI certainly CAN use the extended map. There is NOTHING that says it can’t. The extended map has extra bases and a (very) few of these are in new hex locations.

The EM bases, like Abadan and Aden are in exactly the same slot locations as they are in Stock, so that is a non-issue.

Then, there’s AB’s North India slot expansion. Since nobody ever goes there, it’s WTF. If they ever do, the AI plays on its “INTERNAL” calls and will do this and that, without regard to scripts.

Then, there’s the other new bases and hexes (in new slots), like Subic Bay and Shortlands, and a couple places in Malaya. The “scripts” can’t see these, but they are all next door to a “script initiated” target, so the “INTERNAL” AI will recognize them and deal with them in the normal course.

If you play a BabesLite Scenario B, using the Extended Map, you are completely and totally compatible with any and all AI files written for Stock, including Andy’s latest and greatest.

quote:

Every AI script, ever written, uses the basis Stock LCU slot listings. ALL the AI files use that basis. AndyMac's new stuff uses those same listings but sends them off on unusual missions.

IF A SCEN IS COMPATIBLE WITH STOCK AI, IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER AI FILE WRITTEN FOR STOCK, TO EXACTLY THE SAME DEGREE.

BabesLite (A, B, or C) is compatible with any and all AI scripts written for any and all stock scenarios. BabesLite (A, B, or C) is AI compatible with the Extended Map. BabesLite (A, B, or C) is AI compatible with Stacking Limits for the human player: the AI will not recognize them for computer play.

DaBigBabes (A, B, or C) can be played against a Japanese AI, no matter what AI files you use, just like BabesLite, or Stock.

DaBigBabes (A, B, or C) can be played against an Allied AI, but requires a great deal of thought and attention.

Ciao. JWE

https://sites.google.com/site/bigbsshipyard/home

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 11
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/15/2014 1:48:39 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

.... yes.... but, ...will it work with the AI?

quote:

Sigh … Once again, I must respond to misinformation. ...

quote:

Ciao. JWE

Hard to say ... John is really fence sitting on the whole question here. Wish he would stop beating around the bush and just answer the question.

Pax

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 12
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/15/2014 2:33:35 PM   
oldman45

You two just have to poke the bear don't ya....

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 13
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/15/2014 4:46:06 PM   
Symon

Does a bear shake in the woods? Ummm, you betcha.

Attachment (1)

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 14
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/15/2014 5:43:34 PM   
oldman45

Oh thats a good one!!

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 15
RE: DaBigBabes and AI - 8/18/2014 12:16:40 PM   
Sardaukar

Excellent!

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBigBabes and AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI