Sound Issues in Windows 7

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

DerTroof

Sound Issues in Windows 7

Post by DerTroof »

Downloaded TOAW III latest version from Matrix after purchasing during special this week, immediately encountered sound problems, heavy static in speakers, and no sound when game loaded. Sound issues carried over to other applications. Uninstalled game and restored system sounds to default, all is okay with system (although game, of course, is still unloaded - I ordered CD version, as always). Is TOAW causing this? Have several other Matrix titles loaded with zero sound (or other) problems.

Thanks!
Oberst_Klink

RE: Sound Issues in Windows 7

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

Downloaded TOAW III latest version from Matrix after purchasing during special this week, immediately encountered sound problems, heavy static in speakers, and no sound when game loaded. Sound issues carried over to other applications. Uninstalled game and restored system sounds to default, all is okay with system (although game, of course, is still unloaded - I ordered CD version, as always). Is TOAW causing this? Have several other Matrix titles loaded with zero sound (or other) problems.

Thanks!
Kamerad,

more specs would be helpful:

a) sound-card, driver, etc?
b) static speaker noise is normally not caused by an OS, driver (unless it's SETI software), so, did you use a headphone, spare speaker, checked the plugs?
c) did you apply the latest patch, 3.4.202?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
DerTroof

Post by DerTroof »

Herr Oberst,

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I redownloaded, and all seems to be working. I am somewhat puzzled by the download version number which is given as 3.2.29.7. According to Matrix downloads, there are no more recent versions available (?).

Also redownloaded system sound drivers, and static is gone. My feeling is you are probably right and it was a system/hardware problem unrelated to the game.

Now I have to re-teach myself how to play. [8D] Haven't played this one since about 2002!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

Herr Oberst,

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I redownloaded, and all seems to be working. I am somewhat puzzled by the download version number which is given as 3.2.29.7. According to Matrix downloads, there are no more recent versions available (?).

Also redownloaded system sound drivers, and static is gone. My feeling is you are probably right and it was a system/hardware problem unrelated to the game.

Now I have to re-teach myself how to play. [8D] Haven't played this one since about 2002!
Always check the product info page, mate ;)

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/317/downloads/

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
DerTroof

Post by DerTroof »

No, I disagree. Version sold should be the latest; at the very least customers should be advised to check the product info page after downloading.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Return to “TOAW III Support”