Daz's Bug priority list

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

dazkaz15

Daz's Bug priority list

Post by dazkaz15 »

As I have been playing a lot these last few weeks, I thought I would make a list of what I find to be the most annoying bugs in the game at the moment, to help Dave out when he gets back to work.

Number one has to be the defend delay bug as mentioned here:
tm.asp?m=3368151

If you have a long command delay it makes the defend order virtually useless.
I think it also manifests itself in the attack order as well, after the move to the FUP before the Re-org, but not for as long as a full command delay for some reason.

2. The attrition rate of the supply vehicles, which is a hot topic at the moment here:
tm.asp?m=3394279

3. The rare but annoying defend move, where the HQ leads, with its line Coy's slowly pushing through undergrowth to the flanks of the road, that I have seen happen twice more in my last game.
tm.asp?m=3354076&mpage=2

It may be linked to changing from placing move waypoints on the map then changing it to a defend order as the last placement before un pausing the game.

3, Support units leading a move as posted here:
tm.asp?m=3393997

4, Edit: No issue with the Mortars or HQ's being too resilient. I made a test scenario and couldn't replicate any problem with them.

If you need any extra saves or test done just ask.

If anyone has different priorities post a list here so Dave knows what's bugging you most, when he gets back to work after recovering from his hand opp, and the disruption to his life from his daughters illness.

Hope she is recovering well mate.

Phoenix100

RE: Daz's Bug priority list

Post by Phoenix100 »

The top two I have noticed and agree with, absolutely. Haven't seen the others too much. To be honest I haven't noticed the Defend hour delay as a super irritation either (though I have seen it), not sure why. The jeeps bugs me most.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Support units leading the way or getting to close and the lack of resilience has been brought up since HTTR..it's much better than then but not perfect. Mortar units then MG platoons are usually the first units to start getting destroyed and very quickly. You either have to micromanage them, which defeats the design of the game in away or another way would be to have these units included into the coy unit. As I think the issue is they only have a small number of men which makes them alot more vulnerable than in real life..also lack of micro terrain where you'd normally place these units isn't modeled. Again a clash between detail and depth and abstraction, detailed unit count but abstract terrain.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

The top two I have noticed and agree with, absolutely. Haven't seen the others too much. To be honest I haven't noticed the Defend hour delay as a super irritation either (though I have seen it), not sure why. The jeeps bugs me most.
How could you not notice the defend delay?
Your obviously not playing with enough sense of urgency [:D]
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I play the Guards Armoured way, mate. Plenty time for tea, and early to bed, lie-in in the morning....

I haven't 'noticed' it, because I thought it was a feature that everything took ages.

My own last word on the jeeps thing: I'm playing through the original Maas-Rijn now - with the exception I've given all the AB bases more jeeps, to try (hopelessly) to mitigate the issue. As an example, during the first night 508PIR base (which started with 50 jeeps) has lost 29 of them!!!! That base will be dead by midday day 2. I really hope Dave will look at this when he comes back. I've decided I won't play these airborne scenarios meanwhile. It's too silly having to send your defunct base into battle to get destroyed so that the units can switch to the massive 82nd AB base, sitting there doing nothing with 150 jeeps....though at this rate it will only take about 36 hours for that base to be also screwed....

Of course, in reality Frost's men had to surrender because they were cut off - but not like this, because there were no jeeps to bring through supply because they had all been shot up. They might have been (I have no idea), but they wouldn't have cared about that, they would have carried ammo through on foot. They couldn't because Frost's lot were REALLY cut off, surrounded and outnumbered. Whereas what happens in the game at the moment is that troops are thoroughly cut-off without being surrounded and outnumbered. Which makes me reiterate again that I think the 'jeeps' problem isn't just about bad virtual jeep drivers, crap avoidance routing and bad AI supply commanders - it's about how the program computes that your supply route is interdictable, especially in the area immediately to the rear of the line unit.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Yeah the delay issue does need fixing..it's adding the command delay all over again for the defend part of the task\movement.
skarp

Post by skarp »

the defence delay is where they move close to the area and then halt for ages before finally moving into position? Yes? It sucks. I'm coping by allowing for it.

Re Jeeps, playing Phoenix's Mega drop Maas-Rijn I've not suffered much attrition except where units have been cut off or bases engaged, but as Phoenix says the worse case is the Poles - one lead unit has done 90% of the fighting and whilst never cut off and always with units immediately rear, supplying it alone has cost over half the jeeps in the base.

I have a issue with enemy units just vanishing and popping up nearby a while later. Makes infiltrators hard to keep tabs on.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

[:(]
skarp

Post by skarp »

I'll add a 'facing' bug where often the default is north rather than auto. Distressing when you find newly attacked units facing away from the enemy.

There's a time bug where defensive orders following a move time out because they've defaulted to the time the move ends NOT the time the scenario ends.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

ORIGINAL: skarp

I'll add a 'facing' bug where often the default is north rather than auto. Distressing when you find newly attacked units facing away from the enemy.
Think I have solved the problem to this one.
The facing of the units is not saved with a game save, and any units that you have attached to a HQ will take on the facing of the HQ, which on loading a saved game is always North. They will do this after the orders delay, which for units attached to Corps HQ will be several hours.
As a work around until it gets fixed, after loading a saved game, go to your HQ's and set the facing that you want for the formation, or best I think is to set it to auto.
You will need to do this every time you load a saved game.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

It's not just after a save, though, Daz. The facings get altered at very strange points. It's cosmetic though - you can watch out for it and correct it. Unlike the supply issue. Be glad if Simovitch can do something to ameliorate that, though I think it's a coding issue.
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

It's not just after a save, though, Daz. The facings get altered at very strange points. It's cosmetic though - you can watch out for it and correct it. Unlike the supply issue. Be glad if Simovitch can do something to ameliorate that, though I think it's a coding issue.
It may seem like that as the orders delay will be different lengths for the different HQ's so you will get the units facing North at what seams like random timings, some of them even after a few hours as that is probably what the command delay for the On map boss will be.
I may be wrong of course. I'll keep an eye out for it now.
Txema

Post by Txema »

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

ORIGINAL: skarp

Think I have solved the problem to this one.
The facing of the units is not saved with a game save, and any units that you have attached to a HQ will take on the facing of the HQ, which on loading a saved game is always North. They will do this after the orders delay, which for units attached to Corps HQ will be several hours.
As a work around until it gets fixed, after loading a saved game, go to your HQ's and set the facing that you want for the formation, or best I think is to set it to auto.
You will need to do this every time you load a saved game.

Hi Arjuna !!

What about this bug, Arjuna?

Could you please check it?

I am very glad to see you here again! [:)]

Txema
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Txema,

I just did a little test using the tutorial scenario. I gave a the German II.27th Bn a Defend ordr where it starts the game. I changed its facing and the companies repositioned and adjusted their facing. I then saved the game. I fired up another CmdOps exe and loaded the save. Now you say above that the facing s not saved yet the unit facing is preserved as far as I can see. The actual plan task has the correct facing saved too. But one thing I did observe was that the order facing was now checked to be auto.

.... several hours later
I found the cause. When a saved game is loaded it has to create new order icons on the screen corresponding to the GameTasks in the GamePlan. ALas it was failing to call UpdateData() on these. It now does.

FIXED
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

@qdazkaz15
First point on the list was also fixed by Arunja.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Yep that's rright BigDuke66. Items 2 and 3 above I believe are one and the same issue and will be fixed by adding an extra Move to AssemblyArea task within the PlanAttack. I mentioned this in another thrtead.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Tech Support”