Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not be named.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not be named. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not be n... - 9/17/2013 2:51:58 PM   
fodder

"Morotaro's Sea Eagle"

Just remember, I'm not making you watch this.

If anyone knows of a clearer version please let me know.

http://video.yandex.ru/users/valkorn/view/131#

Post #: 1
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/17/2013 3:45:52 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

I would like to watch their Midway version

Tora x 3 was not that bad...

"From now on, the more we work, the happier we will become. Let’s make the culture of Greater East Asia flourish more and more. In order that the peoples of Greater East Asia can communicate with each other, let’s learn Japanese"

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 2
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/17/2013 4:48:49 PM   
HexHead

"I want you to go to England and join the RAF!"

"Uh, sir, I don't think you can order me to join a foreign military's service. Just a thought."

"Congratulations, men! You survived this dastardly attack, got up in the air and even shot down a couple of Nips. So, what we're gonna do is take two obviously skilled and experienced fighter jocks and...have them fly medium bombers off a flight deck."

It's tough decisions like that which led the way to Allied victory.

"Goddamn it, they're gittin' away!!"
- unknown tincan sailor near the end of Leyte Gulf, when Kurita retired

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 3
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/17/2013 5:07:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

"Morotaro's Sea Eagle"

Interesting. Quinticentially Japanese. Who else would do an animated monkey and dog playing "Jenga" in the back of their B5N2 en route to bombing Pearl Harbor.

I loved the pilot. It looks like a woodpecker, with a 'rising sun' bandana and goggles.

Coulda done without the Stuka siren for the B5N2 approach. Also, the repeated depictions of the American sailors as drunkard automatons isn't particularly cool. It's like it's propaganda or something. Lastly, that's definite copyright infringement using Bluto's character in a certainly unauthorized manner! No wonder the American animation studios were so uppity about the war!

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 4
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 12:55:28 AM   
dr.hal

Amazing, how do you FIND this stuff?????

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 1:46:43 AM   
HexHead

The JFB Channel. It's an upgrade package.

"Goddamn it, they're gittin' away!!"
- unknown tincan sailor near the end of Leyte Gulf, when Kurita retired

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 6
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 2:56:05 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

"Morotaro's Sea Eagle"

Interesting. Quinticentially Japanese. Who else would do an animated monkey and dog playing "Jenga" in the back of their B5N2 en route to bombing Pearl Harbor.

I loved the pilot. It looks like a woodpecker, with a 'rising sun' bandana and goggles.

Coulda done without the Stuka siren for the B5N2 approach. Also, the repeated depictions of the American sailors as drunkard automatons isn't particularly cool. It's like it's propaganda or something. Lastly, that's definite copyright infringement using Bluto's character in a certainly unauthorized manner! No wonder the American animation studios were so uppity about the war!

Young man who lusts after chickens, I think you should take your analysis to the War College and enlighten our future officers.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 2:58:13 AM   
geofflambert

Hey, by the way, how did Bluto get in this film? Did the Screen Actors Guild approve this in advance?

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 8
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 3:20:07 AM   
zuluhour

Whoa!

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 9
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/18/2013 4:22:54 AM   
Feltan

It looks like an episode of Pokémon goes to war.

Just imagine how horrible it would be to see this on August 5th 1945 in a crowded sweltering theater and wake up the next morning in Hiroshima -- this being the last movie you'd ever see.

Regards,
Feltan

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 10
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/19/2013 8:23:02 PM   
fodder

Came across a movie poster for 'Momotaro's Sea Eagle'.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 11
RE: Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not ... - 9/19/2013 8:29:12 PM   
fodder

Also came across "Momotaro's Divine Sea Warriors".

Remember, I'm not making you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ne-0e6P4jo

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Not Tora, Tora, Tora, Not the movie that shall not be named. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI