Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/10/2013 11:35:06 PM   
Odenathus

Bit of an unusual one, the whole Zulu War of 1879 AD. Zululand, Imperial British, Colonial and native forces against the Zulus and their allies. PO for both sides. Thirty-two one week turns, regimental level, with the British winning by capturing the Zulu capital of Ulundi AND killing ('capturing') the Zulu King Cetshwayo unit. One or the other is a draw (unless either side suffers disproportionate casualties), British failure to achieve either is a Zulu historical victory. Infantry, cavalry, artillery, impis, terrorising villagers, supply columns, one vessel, limited sea movement. Events include border tribes possibly joining the Zulus, the British establishing new supply bases inside Zululand, and Colonial volunteers withdrawing to defend their homes and farms if the Zulus cross the Natal border. Playtested against both PO and human opponent (thanks Jason).

Better yet, no digging-in (neither side did) so unaffected by the famous 3.4 patch defensive bug

NOW HOW DO I ATTACH THE SCE. ZIP FILE TO THIS POST? SORRY!

< Message edited by Odenathus -- 9/10/2013 11:47:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/10/2013 11:53:46 PM   
Odenathus

MANAGED TO ATTACH ZIP SCE. FILE!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 2
RE: New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/11/2013 5:00:48 AM   
Silvanski

interesting scenario, nice job.. a few remarks though... "no digging-in" I read ... In the TOAW 3.4 editor you can set the entrenchment level to 0. This would have made this house rule unnecessary...
also, it needs the 19th Century equipment database... it would have been better to include the eqp file in the scenario zip...

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 3
RE: New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/11/2013 12:29:59 PM   
secadegas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

interesting scenario, nice job.. a few remarks though... "no digging-in" I read ... In the TOAW 3.4 editor you can set the entrenchment level to 0. This would have made this house rule unnecessary...
also, it needs the 19th Century equipment database... it would have been better to include the eqp file in the scenario zip...

I'd bet Mark did set entrechement level to 0% already...

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 4
RE: New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/11/2013 10:45:10 PM   
Odenathus

Hi, I did set the entrenchment level to zero, perhaps that could have been made clearer.

The XIXth century database and instructions are available from our friends at the Rugged Defence website.

(in reply to secadegas)
Post #: 5
RE: New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD - 9/11/2013 11:00:53 PM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Odenathus

Hi, I did set the entrenchment level to zero, perhaps that could have been made clearer.

The XIXth century database and instructions are available from our friends at the Rugged Defence website.

OK 0% entrenchment .. and yes I know where the 19th C database can be found.. I made the conversion for TOAWIII

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> New scenario - Zulu War 1879 AD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI