The graphics in this game...

Turn-based strategy/RPG game from Age of Games, a talented team from Italy.
rodney727

The graphics in this game...

Post by rodney727 »

Are not very impressive. It is hard to see what is what. Looks a lot like BOW and Ravenmarck games that are made for tablets that I play and like. I do like the concept of this game.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
FabioBelsanti

RE: The graphics in this game...

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Are not very impressive. It is hard to see what is what. Looks a lot like BOW and Ravenmarck games that are made for tablets that I play and like. I do like the concept of this game.

Unfortunately you're right, in-game graphics are old style and they are not a strenght point... but as you said the concept, and I add the battle system, storyline and gameplay are very solid.

Artworks are great and UI is simple and clear.

I'm sure you'll not be disappointed by our game if you'll give it a try!

And if it'll sell enough the next episode will have Completely New, Impressive In-Game Graphics !
Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Any plans to bring this to much lager market and when I say that I mean apple? Sadly I don't see this game doing well as a PC only game.
ORIGINAL: Fabivs

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Unfortunately you're right, in-game graphics are old style and they are not a strenght point... but as you said the concept, and I add the battle system, storyline and gameplay are very solid.

Artworks are great and UI is simple and clear.

I'm sure you'll not be disappointed by our game if you'll give it a try!

And if it'll sell enough the next episode will have Completely New, Impressive In-Game Graphics !
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Graphics notwithstanding, you are competing in a tough market segment. Turn based is a plus. With no editor, xml modding support would be helpful. Beyond that is the price point. Hope you are able to add that little spark that makes this one a winner.
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

It's not for PC only.

This game is available also for MAC.

Anyway we belive (and hope) that the game may conquer enough pc wargame-strategy players.

Subscribe and try the Beta and let us know your impression.
Fabio Belsanti
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

Belive me, I don't say this because it's my "creature" (not only :) , this game is very unique in its genre.

It's a true Fantasy Wargame like no other in the market.

This could be a strengh or a weakness point (depends on who plays the game), but it is certainly a thing that sets us apart from mediocrity.

To be honest all the "sectors" of the gaming market are very very difficult in this century.

We signed with Slitherine-Matrix because they are the best publishers in the "niche" of wargames and serious strategy games.

If this game has a chance to be a winner it's with players like you that like this website/publisher and its games (as I like and play).

Feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know about this project.
Fabio Belsanti
wodin

Post by wodin »

My concern is it looks like the browser game..and that really did nothing for me..if others do the same thing the browser game could have a negative impact.
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: wodin

My concern is it looks like the browser game..and that really did nothing for me..if others do the same thing the browser game could have a negative impact.

Mmm

we could write in the game description:

WARNING: It's not a (damned and stupid) Browser Game (like travian) :)

Well, seriously, I hope that matrix and slitherine players (at least) will be good players like you that don't choose to buy a game from a simple first impression and stay active in forums like this one.

Anyway, please, help us to spread the voice that this is not a casual or browser game but a serious Fantasy Wargame.

Thanks!
Fabio Belsanti
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

I have been able to check this one out, and when you are playing the game, the graphics are just fine, and the UI does a great job at being clear over what the situation is, and what your options are.

And as Fabivs wrote, this is far from being a simple browser game! Zones of Control, terrain, unit stats and abilities, facing, morale, etc. (and because of all this, your army composition) all play a crucial role.
kafka

Post by kafka »

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: kafka

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?

It's more a tactical than a full strategic game.

The strategic phase of the game is between battles in the Encampment where you can manage your army: Buy, Sell, Upgrade and Resurrect Units.

I'm sure you know Panzer Corps, one of the best sellers here (and that we can say it's the modern sequel of Panzer General Series).

Well, we can say that the gameplay experience in Fantasy Kommander could be defined “similar”.

Main differences: we have the Fantasy setting (but based on the European Real Medieval Fantasy tradition), rpg elements, in-game events and dialogues, more narrative and hq phases.
Fabio Belsanti
kafka

Post by kafka »

OK thanks for the clarification

so a campaign consists in a set sequence of static battle maps with a management phase in between those maps, now I have a clear concept of what the game looks like
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

I'm glad to help you ;)

However, please consider that every battle is different, with in-game events like reinforcements and units evocations with spells and/or magic circles.

Tactical situations are endless also replaying the same battle (if you want to achieve a better victory).

In fact there are different levels of victory for each battle.
Fabio Belsanti
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I am very intrigued. This looks like it could be great fun.

What are some of the differences in this game and the excellent, free open source Battle for Wesnoth? This game appears to be very similar to Wesnoth.

When is the expected release date, please?
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

I am very intrigued. This looks like it could be great fun.

What are some of the differences in this game and the excellent, free open source Battle for Wesnoth? This game appears to be very similar to Wesnoth.

When is the expected release date, please?

We did our best to give you a great gaming experience.

Official Release date: 15th October 2013

Right now you can subscribe to be a Beta Tester here: http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test/fantaskommew

Well, I think that Wesnoth is a fun, good and solid game, but it's more "casual-strategy" than Fantasy Kommander.

Our game is a true (and in the current gaming market, unique) Fantasy Wargame with an intuitive, but very deep and detailed, battle system.

Our setting is also more structured and "cultured".

The continent of Eukarion is a Fantasy version of the real medieval Europe. We can say that our setting is a fictional scenario "What if Medieval Europe had been inhabited (and invaded) by orcs, wizards and dragons?".

The game is also Fully Voiced by great professional actors!

Fabio Belsanti
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Thanks Fabio. I REALLY appreciate the quick response. I did sign up for the beta, and am just waiting for an e-mail on how to download the game, if I get selected.

I am looking forward to it, and this does indeed sound like my kind of game.

One more question about the number of missions. Slitherine's site says there are 4 campaigns, with 25 missions.

Does that mean 25 missions in EACH campaign? Or 25 total, with each campaign having just 6 missions?

If the latter, six mission campaigns are not very long, and would not allow for much unit growth and advancements.

Can you please elaborate on how this will work, since character advancement seems to be a big selling point to the game?

FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Thanks Fabio. I REALLY appreciate the quick response. I did sign up for the beta, and am just waiting for an e-mail on how to download the game, if I get selected.

I am looking forward to it, and this does indeed sound like my kind of game.

One more question about the number of missions. Slitherine's site says there are 4 campaigns, with 25 missions.

Does that mean 25 missions in EACH campaign? Or 25 total, with each campaign having just 6 missions?

If the latter, six mission campaigns are not very long, and would not allow for much unit growth and advancements.

Can you please elaborate on how this will work, since character advancement seems to be a big selling point to the game?

Thanks for your feedbacks and subscription.

Campaign 1-2-3 have 5 battles and the ending campaign have 10 battles.

Every battle is different, with unique tactical situations and different victory levels (You can Achive a Minor, Major, Heroic or Epic Victory... or simply be defeated :)

The game is not endless, but I'm sure you'll not disappointed playing it. And we're more than ready to add new campaigns if players like you will make this game a Winner!

And there are also "hidden" and optional side quests to discover...

Units (and heroes) have 5 levels of upgrade and if you play well you can reach the maximum level at the end of a campaign.

Every unit have different stats, special abilities (or spells) to upgrade. You can choose to make a "manual" or a faster "automatic" upgrade for every xp level you gain.

Fabio Belsanti
wodin

Post by wodin »

I think this game would benefit from a demo..

Really intrigued (seems where talking indepth here rather than casual type game)and look forward to people first impressions etc when it comes out.
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I think this game would benefit from a demo..

Really intrigued (seems where talking indepth here rather than casual type game)and look forward to people first impressions etc when it comes out.

I discussed the demo option with the publisher.

It's a risky move, because casual players may not like the game and they could write in the web that it's bad.

We really don't want a bad word of mouth from people that simply don't understand our game. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that think to be a great stategy gamer playing games where you have to be quick to click only...

Anyway, maybe we'll release a demo after few months from the first release.
Fabio Belsanti
wodin

Post by wodin »

Understood..tricky I suppose..but then a bad review from someone who likes casual games and complains it's to complex would actually be a good review for me;)

You still need to push about how this is indepth and a deep gaming experience. It's what has me interested, as I said your browser Fantasy Kommander game did have a negative impact on my interest..it's only after seeing your comments that my interest picked up.

Anyway good luck mate. I understand how protective you become over a game which you have developed and bad press is the last thing you need.
Look forward to the player reviews etc.

Return to “Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars”