Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Incomplete rail repair ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Incomplete rail repair ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 2:55:07 PM   
AlexSF

As Axis I repaired captured railroads but the next turn they show as green with 3 little dots in the middle and I can't use them for transport or repair new rails from them. There is nothing in the manual about that. Does that mean they're in an EZOC ? That they're repaired only in part?
Thx.
Post #: 1
RE: Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 2:58:42 PM   
morvael

You must have mised one hex along the line, so the rest is unconnected (hence the white dots). Perhaps the famous crossing south-east of Vilnius (X 59 Y 51)? Many people failed to repair it, going straight to the east from 59,50.

(in reply to AlexSF)
Post #: 2
RE: Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 3:52:19 PM   
AlexSF

nope, not the infamous Vilnius turn, actually it's above Lvov on the first couple of turns. There is one Sov unit entrenched next to a rail that I converted. There is one German div on the rail of course but still the proximity of the Sov seems to mess up the whole line of rails going forward and the next turn my rail repair unit can not repair forward.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 3:58:31 PM   
Red Lancer

Manual 14.1.2

Rail line hexes that are in an enemy ZOC are considered to be cut off from the rail network and cannot be used for strategic rail transport, even if the hex is occupied by a friendly combat unit.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to AlexSF)
Post #: 4
RE: Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 4:09:53 PM   
AlexSF

Yep, thx, saw that already but it does not say that it also prevents the forward repair of the line. I guess it does.

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 5
RE: Incomplete rail repair ? - 9/2/2013 4:26:29 PM   
Red Lancer

This bit explains it I hope.

14.2.2.4. Repair Eligibility and RRV

Damaged rail hexes must be eligible to be designated for repair by an FBD/NKPS unit. This is based on the distance from the damaged rail hex to a railhead (the "off rail range" in the hex pop-up text), which is the closest friendly and undamaged rail line hex that is connected through the rail network to a supply source. A hex is eligible for FBD/NKPS repair if 1) the hex is in the Baltic zone (prior to Dec 1941) and within 6 hexes of a railhead, or if not in the Baltic zone within 4 hexes of a railhead, and 2) the number of hexes to the railhead does not exceed the RRV (Rail Repair Value) of the FBD/NKPS unit. Since both of these conditions must apply, players will never be able to use an FBD/NKPS unit more than 6 hexes from a railhead in the Baltic zone (prior to Dec 1941), or 4 hexes from a railhead outside the Baltic zone. If a rail hex is not eligible for repair, the RRC will not display in the FBD/NKPS unit’s info area.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to AlexSF)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Incomplete rail repair ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI