Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be des... - 8/30/2013 9:48:58 PM   
King Doom

I wiped out a nearby pirate factions ships and starbases just after I noticed they had built a fortress on one of my worlds. The faction vanished and the fortress became unattackable and cannot be removed by any means.

Mousing over a fortress in the colony screen facilities tab shows the owner if a faction still exists and these fortresses can be destroyed. Fortresses belonging to no one show nothing when moused over and are invulnerable.

< Message edited by King Doom -- 8/30/2013 9:50:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 8/31/2013 6:13:07 AM   
mSterian

I'm beginning to think they didn't have much of a testing period on Shadows :(

Were the previous expansions this bugged?

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 2
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 8/31/2013 10:11:00 AM   
King Doom

Nope. At least, not that I remember, I loved every second of them and bought them as close to release as I could.

Shadows is probably the worst sci fi game I've ever picked up and I bought Masters of Orion 3.

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 3
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 8/31/2013 10:25:01 AM   
Icemania

I've had the same bug and agree it should be fixed. I just stationed a few extra troops and moved on. Maybe Pirate games would be different but I haven't found any of the bugs since initial Shadows release particularly frustrating.

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Doom
Shadows is probably the worst sci fi game I've ever picked up and I bought Masters of Orion 3.

Respectfully I have the opposite view. Shadows could certainly be improved but I find it far more fun than anything else around at the moment. If you know a recent 4X game better than Shadows I'm all ears.

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 4
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 8/31/2013 3:50:50 PM   
King Doom

The distant worlds series is amazing, as are all the expansions, don't get me wrong. I love almost the entire series. I just consider the latest one to be one of if not the worst sci fi related games or expansions ever.

I mean, sure MOO 3 had automated colony governor AI that actively sabotaged everything you did and changed any items you queued up to have built to troop transports exclusively, including actual troops, but you could still build things instead of just getting an increasing rapid spam of unblockable YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH RESOURCES messages.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 5
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 9/1/2013 12:42:53 AM   
Icemania

I agree we need an option to turn off that pop-up. Or better yet I'd prefer a pop-up only when you are out of stock or when stock is low only (where the player can define the limit). I still think Shadows is best in class at the moment. Then again the 4X market is as weak as I can remember it.

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 6
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 9/1/2013 5:40:13 AM   
mSterian

Icemania.

As discussed in countless previous toping, the Construction Stalled poppups aren't the problem. It's the fact that your constructions get stalled even though you have enough resources and freighters. That is the problem. My idiot freighters transport things around I don't need instead of supplying resources to the stalled constructions.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 7
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 9/1/2013 6:06:12 AM   
Icemania

mSterian, as I've also mentioned in numerous threads ... SpaceSector Distant Worlds Interview ... not impressed by shadows ... I agree the private sector needs improvement. However, even with a more efficient private sector, it will still take time to get resources from A to B. You will still get pop-up spam although of lower intensity.

The pop-up problem can be fixed very easily in a patch by adding a check box added to existing on/off pop-up selections. As I've also said I don't consider it a massive problem but it's low hanging fruit.

A serious improvement to the private economy is probably more expansion territory.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 9/1/2013 6:08:02 AM >

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 8
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 11/26/2013 6:18:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Doom

I wiped out a nearby pirate factions ships and starbases just after I noticed they had built a fortress on one of my worlds. The faction vanished and the fortress became unattackable and cannot be removed by any means.

Mousing over a fortress in the colony screen facilities tab shows the owner if a faction still exists and these fortresses can be destroyed. Fortresses belonging to no one show nothing when moused over and are invulnerable.

Do you have a save file for this issue?

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 9
RE: If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be... - 11/28/2013 4:29:02 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for this report. This is fixed in the next update.

Elliot

(in reply to King Doom)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> If a pirate faction is wiped out fortress cannot be destroyed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI