Open Source Version

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

NeverMan

Open Source Version

Post by NeverMan »

When can we expect the Open Source version? [8D]
Dancing Bear

RE: Open Source Version

Post by Dancing Bear »

This is a good suggestion.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

I'd be very willing to do some serious work on an Open Source (or closed source for that matter) version.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

Oh wow, Neverman has a really good idea, you should just Open Source this project! I totally agree with him. :)
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

A little laughter in the morning makes it easier to wake up.
Flipper
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

LOL! Ahhhhhh Neverman ... probably right before hyperspace!
This sits in the hands of the original game designers. I don't even believe this would be a Matrix decision and I respect and agree with that!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

LOL! Ahhhhhh Neverman ... probably right before hyperspace!
This sits in the hands of the original game designers. I don't even believe this would be a Matrix decision and I respect and agree with that!

How about just giving me an NDA and passing me the source!? ;)
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan
I'd be very willing to do some serious work on an Open Source (or closed source for that matter) version.

So go to SourceForge or some other site and start your own Open Source project for Empires in Arms. Put your money where your mouth is. There's nothing stopping you from creating your very own perfect masterpiece; you just can't sell it for profit without ADG and Matrix Games and Marshall coming down on you like a ton of bricks for copyright infringement. If you had just put in half of the effort you've wasted whining and complaining over the years into something productive, you might have been done by now.

By way of example, there is Open General at SorceForge, a remake of Panzer General for free. There is also Open Panzer at PocketTactics for iOS for free. Despite there being free remakes already available, Matrix is selling the Panzer Corps series developed by Lordz. So go figure.

Get back to us when you finish your game?

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”