Modded Character List not Used post 1.9.0.11 update?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tampa_Gamer

Modded Character List not Used post 1.9.0.11 update?

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Just had an issue crop up last night for me with the latest patch. I am using a custom theme/race that has its own list of characters to utilize (10 for each category). I started my current game with version 1.9.0.10 and had about 2-3 characters pop-up fine (in accordance with the custom race/theme). After updating to 1.9.0.11 the game started ignoring my custom theme character file and popping up random characters. I have the theme selected so that is not the problem. Anyone else have issues with custom characters post 1.9.0.11 update?

For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

ehsumrell1

RE: Modded Character List not Used post 1.9.0.11 update?

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Elliot made a number of changes and additions to Character workings in the latest
patch that seem to be affecting your game. Due to this, I'm sure this is what is
affecting your game. In most cases, it's best to start a new game when a patch
comes along (especially one that affects many areas of the game)so that all of
the new changes will take effect.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Understood. Will try a second game to see if results are same. I always do a comparison of default files after each new patch so that I am aware of changes that need to be made to my various mods. I didn't see any changes to the default character files for 0.11 but I may have missed something. Thanks for the quick reply.
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Tampa_Gamer

Understood. Will try a second game to see if results are same. I always do a comparison of default files after each new patch so that I am aware of changes that need to be made to my various mods. I didn't see any changes to the default character files for 0.11 but I may have missed something. Thanks for the quick reply.

You're welcome. I think that the change affecting you is due to a change in the race files:

" fixed problem with custom characters where startup characters would sometimes not appear because they were being assigned to pirate factions of the same race "

This change could easily disturb the character actions in your previous game after the patch was
applied. This would be my best guess. [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Design and Modding”