Question about countdown procedure

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

wolf14455

Question about countdown procedure

Post by wolf14455 »

Will it be like in BARIS where all say go and the count go flawlessly to zero or will it be actual procedures that if not go, it can be corrected and countdown be restarted?
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59
Nacho84

RE: Question about countdown procedure

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Swedewolf,

Yes, problems can arise at pretty much every mission step. In the case of the launch preparation and the countdown steps, it might be possible to experience failures that delay the mission for a couple of days or even postpone it for the next season.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Exciting, maybee this game gonna be too stressfull for me hehe.
thanx for the reply. [:D]
SwedeWolf

wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Do you got some cinematic sample to show such a countdown? Where each groundcrew go thrue the procedures. If you dont have any ready, I can wait. Better put in hours on the master code.
SwedeWolf

Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello Swedewolf,

What we do is show the rocket standing in the launchpad from different angles while playing a countdown. For some missions, we also include a 'Launch preparations' step which shows the rocket the night before the launch. We might include some audio like the one you describe, but obviously that won't be available for all missions (I'm not sure I can find the audio for when the Venera probes were launched).

All in all, I think you'll find the animations quite entertaining and informative as well. We haven't skimped on the amount of renders, so you'll see animations for all the relevant mission steps.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

Good to hear, thanx.
SwedeWolf