boudi vs Rooom : Global Glory

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

boudi

boudi vs Rooom : Global Glory

Post by boudi »

Axis : boudi
Allies : Rooom

(French speaker, sorry for the bad english)

Turn 1 : Summer 39

Germany launch the invasion of Poland, WWII begin.

Poland surrenders but Germany suffers too many casualties from my point of vue.

Danemark is invaded too.

In China, Japaneses take Foochow, with too many casualties too.

Unfortunatly, bad news, Chinese take back Shangaï, where i left a weak garrison, it's a mistake. An automatic hit help strongly the chinese forces.

The order of battle : I should keep one extra garrison units here.

boudi

RE: boudi vs Rooom : Global Glory

Post by boudi »

Turn 2 : fall 1939

Germany take Norway (with 1 paratroop unit and 1 infantry unit) and Belgium/Netherlands, without casualtie both. The low-countries light fleet is destroyed by the Bismark.

The French launch a terrible counter-attack on Belgium, where the french army is severly damaged.

Situation in western Europe :

Shanghai is captured again.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 3, Winter 40

The rest of the french army surrenders to Germany. Vichy governement take power in southern France.

Battle of the Atlantic begins. 2 transport ships damaged, one destroyed.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 4, spring 1940

Battle of the Atlantic report : One Tp(*) ship and one light fleet damaged, one Tp ship destroyed. No U-Boot hit.

Italy declar war to Allies and begin by an important victory : The italian troops, suported by battleships and one dive bomber take Malta !

The deutsche Afrika Korps lands in Africa, an italian infantry unit enter in Egypt. Suez is strongly defended.

Italian garrison in Ethiopia is isolated, doomed. We use one unit for taking a deserted Sudan.

Next from British East Africa the ennemy capture italian Ethiopia.

Situation in Africa/Mediterranean sea :

We know that Allies had push many spies in Germany (Soviets and WA steal a lot of german research points) , we must invest in a expensive counter-spies program.

Japaneses take Liuchow easily, now all the chinese coast is under japanese control.

(*) Tp = Transport.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 5, summer 1940

Battle of Atlantic : 2 Tp and and the single free french battleship hit by a german bomber, damaged.

Germany take control of Yugoslavia without sort of problem.

Regia Marina hope to gain the control of eastern Mediterranean sea, but fail. It's clearly an italian defeat, one BB is destroyed, it's the third of the heavy italian fleet.

And unfortunatly the Regia Marina suffer a second defeat : The Royal navy counter-attack in central Mediterranean sea, with heavy loss for the italian navy. A BB is destroyed, another one is severly damaged, for long turns ther will be no italian heavy fleet on the sea.

Uk used no less than 6 BB, the most part came from Atlantic Ocean !

But this is the most important problem : The axis army in Africa is now isolated !

In China an Industrie is damaged by a heavy japanese bomber.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 6, fall 1940

Battle of Atlantic : 3 Tp and the Ark Royal CV damaged.

The Ark Royal was alone, without any aircraft screen, near the Bahamas.

We were so lucky, because 1st one our U-Boot fired a torpedo, and 2nd one with an automatic hit ! [X(]

But our main objective is to take back the central Mediteranean, in order to have a contact with the Afrika Korps. The Royal navy is severly bombed :

A second attack during the next turn will be required. But we can fix the british fleet. We land 2 bombers on Malta, if the ennemy try to escape his fleet it will be attacked by automatic fires.

Of course the British launch an attack on Egypt, because all axis units damaged will be destroyed because we haven't got a link to an industrie. Fortunatly there are no signifiant casualties.

In France the Royal Air Force attacks the german airports, but suffer more casualties than us.

In the same time Greece is invaded.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 7, winter 1941

German bombers destroy the remains of the Royal Navy. Naval road to Africa is open back. Blocus cost so much for the Royal Navy, who loose 2 batleships, and has 4 damaged.

Global situation in Europe and Africa :

Now there is a stategic question. In the next turn, spring 1941, i don't know if i launch Barbarossa, the attack of Soviet Union, or if i reinforce Egypt in order to take Suez....

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 8, spring 1941

Battle of the Atlantic report : 2 Tp damaged, 2 Tp destroyed.

Allies continue to steal many german research points, it's a german anti-spies failure.

Whereas we have many counter-spies... Morehover we are loosing the sigint war...

Spring 1941, we decided to launch Barbarossa, the invasion of Soviet Union ! Reds have reinforced eastern Poland and Ukraine, it will be not so easy than expected.

Surprise help axis armies in Poland :

There are many soviet militias at Kiev, we need the romanian militias help for taking the city... with strong romanian casualties. Poor Romanians.

Baltic states are captured too :

In the same time France is bombed by RAF, few railroads were hits.

Europe and Africa map :

In China, improved japanese heavy bombers begin to obtain some results.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 9, summer 1941

Battle of the Atlantic report : 1 tp damaged, 4 tp destroyed : a good turn.

Belorussia is defended by only 6 militia. It's a game for the Wehrmacht to conquer the province.

Veliky Luky, Odessa are cleaned.

VVS (soviet air force) bomb german airports at Kiev :

Under the pressure Allies escape from Suez. The canal is taken. Moreother long range planes can beat british convoy in indian ocean.

In China, the industry is devastated :

But we realize that for repair the Changsha plant, Chinese used all their supply. The chinese army in Changsha is now unsupplied ! It's time to attack this army, not for take the province, but for damage many chinese units, in order to use our infantry in other operations next. We launch an attack, and suprise !

Damn'ed the province is taken !! There was only 5% chance to take it ! We are now engaged in a global war inside China ! Fortunatly all chinese plants are now out of order, and China can't rebuilt its army.

So we take Kunming. All ressource centers are repaired.

But now we are affraid by the american answer... What will do the state department ? German u-Boots sank a lot of merchant ships, now japaneses enter in continental China... The US war entry is evaluated beetween 33 and 37. At 40, US declare war to Axis nations. Ok, the next turn, fall 1941, Germans must stop to sink ships, and the japanese aircraft carriers will attack the US Navy.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 10, fall 1941

The U-boots stop, this turn, the battle of the Atlantic.

East front : Fall of Leningrad. Finland enter in war.

West front : Axis take Gibraltar. Mediterranean sea is closed.

But bad surprise, western Allies land in France ! My defense, 3 militias, was too small. Very important mistake.

Situation in Europe/Africa, begin of winter 1942 :

Japaneses launch their attack everywhere. Singapor, Malaysia, Sumatra are occuped. Many merchant ships are destroyed everywhere. The 5 aircraft carriers launch their planes on the west coast. An US CV is sunk, another one is damaged.

2 japanese CV now go back to Hawaï, manage the blocus of the US Pacific fleet.

Situation in Asia :

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 11, winter 1942

1st winter after Barbarossa, Soviets use their bonus for attacking in Ukraine. They are repulsed, but Wehrmacht suffer heavy losses.

In the same time Western Allies escape from France.

Italians take back Ethiopia :

An US CV is hit by a torpedo, but our U-Boot is lost.

Japaneses are at the door of India :

1st attack on Pearl Harbor. A second is required.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 12, spring 1942

Difficult situation for Germany, who play defense early in the game.

Soviets take back Veliky Viky and Baltic states. Western Allies land and capture Norway.

Best results for Germany are on Oceans. Many transport ships are sank. Number of Allies transport ships are now under 30.

We suppose that Allies industries suffer a lack of ressources. There is no ship to Africa and India...

Japaneses advance without opposition. Pearl Harbor is cleaned, Midway is taken.

India is surrounded. Paratroops take Ceylan, the japanese navy is now at the west of India.

The japanese objective is clearly an indian surrender.

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 13, summer 1942

East front is blocked. Germans take Baltic States, destroying a soviet tank, and USSR take back.
Better situation for the Afrika Korps, who enter in Syria.

Japaneses land and capture Hawaï.

Calcutta falls :

Now we hope that India surrenders...

Hawaï defense are renforced : infantry, artillery, fighters, Japanese combined fleet near the coast...

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 14, fall 1942

Tactical movements in Soviet Union. 1st one we take Velikye Luki. With the combined arms bonus, we have a good result.

Ok now soviet units are surrounded in Baltic states. We can now cleaning the pocket, with the combined arms bonus too. All soviet units damaged are destroyed, as surrounded units.

It's a good job, but insufficient for giving us the victory in the east front.

In Asia The Afrika korps finish its job by taking the oil fields in Irak.

Italians are now in Rodhesia...

Soviets try to land in Rumania, fortunatly it's a failure. We have to reinforce Rumania.

Europe and Middle-east :

In Asia India surrended. Japaneses have to destroy few surrounded british units at Bombay. Here, good job to...

And after this we can land in Australia, our next target. Australia seems deserted by australian forces...

The japanese Empire :

boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 15, winter 1943

East front is totally frozen [:D] . Impossible to advance... Soviets defense are too strong.

Our strategy will be now to bomb the soviet plants.

Italians are now in South Africa. Never Italia dreamt for a so important empire in Africa. [X(]

The invasion of Australia continue :

My opponent understand the most important risk for him : If i score 83 victory points at the end of the western allies turn, i win by an automatic end game. And with Australia in my pocket, i will be not so far than 83 VP...
boudi

Post by boudi »

Turn 16, spring 1943

Terrible battles at Velikye Luki, a province without industry, without ressources, but who became the key of Leningrad.

German offensive. Soviets suffer lot of infantry casulaties, but the Panzerwaffe has a tank destroyed, another one damaged. 20% of the armored german units are now out.

The soviet counter-attack fail, but germans suffer heavy loss with 2 tanks destroyed. Now it's 50% of the Panzerwaffe who is out ! In one turn...

Moreother USSR land in Bulgaria, i forget to be aware about the number of soviet transportships in the black sea. It's not dramatic Bulgaria haven't got the importance of Rumania, but the ressources center and railroad are destroyed.

If Germany knows difficult moments, war is easyer for Japan, who take Sidney, in Australia !

Just Mebourne to take and i be sure that Australia will surrender...

nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Go Japan, GO!

It seems that your opponent doesn't put too much effort into WA air power...

Really neat AAR!
boudi

Post by boudi »

Thank you for your reply nemesszili. [:)] I'm not alone here. [:D]

I can't explain in this AAR all what happened, but WA bought 11 (!) dive bombers, you can see this in this board :

He use them for bombing western Europe. His targets are both railroads and Axis units. Whit these 11 dive bombers he often perfom to damage or destroy artillery axis on beaches, and then try to land. In this turn he tried to land in Holland with this strategy, fortunatly it was a failure.

As you see he has 3 heavy bombers, with them he bombs my ressource centers every turns. I hit sometimes a bomber with my AA guns.

I do the same thing against soviets plants, i hit 4 every turns (8 production points), plants who are repaired at the end of the soviet turn. And i do this again the next turn...

Turn 17, summer 1943

WA spies continue to steal many german research points each turns, it's seems that i never could win the intelligence battle...

The Kriegsmarine lost the battle of the Atlantic. One U-boot is damaged, a second is destroyed. It's the end of this battle.

Japaneses take Melbourne, Australia did not surrender... At this time. [;)]

With para drops and landing troops, we conquire 3 victory points islands. It's very important for us, our strategy is to win with the 83 VP limit for an auto victory.

Now we have 75 VP :

We have to repair some industries, both with Japaneses and Germans, in order to rise our VP.

The single answer of the ennemy against Japaneses is to send US submarines on our Pacific lines. Our destroyers are not very efficient against these attacks. We upgrade the anti-submarine warfare of our light fleets and heavy bombers... and build some new transport ships...

Each turns we send a submarine near the west coast, in order to be aware about the number of US CV at San Diego.

rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Nice AAR Boudi, it looks like an Axis victory!
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
boudi

Post by boudi »

Thank you for your reply rjh1971. [;)]

Turn 18, Fall 1943

Soviet airfields are severly attacked at Smolensk...

But if we have our fighters at the eastern front, RAF and USAF can bomb western Europe...

The east front :

It's seems impossible to keep Leningrad at the end of the Allied turn... And it's amazing, because with few industries repaired (Kiev, Borneo, Sumatra...) , we finished the turn witth... 82 VP !!! [:@]

(I noticed that in read mod only for opening a turn, My VP given for 75 at the previous turn are severly wrong... It was more 80 than 75).

Return to “After Action Reports”