No new deal of the week?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Princessjj1

No new deal of the week?

Post by Princessjj1 »

Again...
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
Erik Rutins

RE: No new deal of the week?

Post by Erik Rutins »

The current deal should still be ongoing. My goodness, we never said anything about how long these would last or when they would end.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

If you took the time to read the press release when this deal was announced they said it would be from 8/5 to 8/15 it was never supose to end this week.
ORIGINAL: Darkstar One

Again...
Greyshaft

Post by Greyshaft »

Guys... can we start looking at the glass and seeing it as half-full? During these sales I've picked up two games that I thought I would never buy so Matrix won money they would never have had under normal circumstances and I won a great gaming experience. The sales experiment seems to be working and Matrix have the right to stop it, restart it, stretch it, squeeze it, massage it etc etc to suit their research. Hopefully Matrix will continue these sales and that the next game on sale will be XXXXXXXXXXX which I ALMOST bought a while ago.

In the meantime, get off their back!!!
[END RANT]
/Greyshaft
Rodia

Post by Rodia »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

My goodness.

Well, it's called deal of the week, not "deal of the two weeks".

No hard feelings, but no need of exclamations either.
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

Go to http://matrixgames.com/news/1157/The.De ... ent.Greece!

The last sentence is...

"Take advantage of this week’s Deal and come back again next week to check out our latest DEAL OF THE WEEK."

So you guys DID say there'd be a new deal this week. Rrik, try reading what the people who work for you write before you lecture your paying customers.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Darkstar to be fair the dates also listed said it would be two weeks so at best there was miscommunication.
ORIGINAL: Darkstar One

Go to http://matrixgames.com/news/1157/The.De ... ent.Greece!

The last sentence is...

"Take advantage of this week’s Deal and come back again next week to check out our latest DEAL OF THE WEEK."

So you guys DID say there'd be a new deal this week. Rrik, try reading what the people who work for you write before you lecture your paying customers.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Darkstar One,

I didn't realize I was lecturing. [:)]

I think that was just someone using the PR template from a previous deal of the week. Sorry about that! When we started these, we did not say that they would be going on in perpetuity. We also noted after Historicon that there may be some disruption during August. Right now, we're planning to continue them, but we've made no guarantee as to how long these will go on.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
budd

Post by budd »

Hope they continue. I got off the bench and finally purchased both of this weeks games. I'm enjoying them and consider it money well spent. I probably would not of purchased them if they weren't brought to my attention during the sale. I looked, I researched, i liked, i bought. PM me if you want any suggestions for the next deal[:D]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

I think these deals of the week should continue. If only for the fact that there's a lot of discussion on these older games as people who have played them tell people who have never heard of them how good they are (doesn't happen for each game of course [;)]).
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

with the press event and holidays we've really struggled to keep up with this. We're hoping to get it all back to usual pretty soon as we come back up to full staffing levels but we cant guarantee ever week there will be a new deal as we just don't have a big enough team to dedicate people to just that task so when other things come up sometimes this has to slide.

Please be patient and we'll do what we can!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

This week's deal is sooo good it can last at least 2-3 weeks [&o]
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Just keep cycling through low/non selling games. There must be quite a batch of these here I would think...just about willing to put money it actually, provided they come on sale[;)]

They won't start selling like hotcakes anytime soon at full price...might as well put them on sale.

Repeating the odd game won't hurt either. There are a couple I actually wish I had bought when they were on sale, but I won't be springing the full amount for them. New users always pop up here at Matrix too.

ps: I already own the two on sale at the moment. Have owned for about 10 or so years now...
bo

Post by bo »

Hey Erik how about putting Forge of Freedom back on sale instead of trying to unload this Greek game and that Greek game[;)] The game is 7 years old and nobody talks about it on the forums anymore so I guess it is passe.

Bo
ByronBond

Post by ByronBond »

I am a big fan of the DotW - and while I missed not having new deal during Historicon week, or having the current deal run 2 weeks instead of one, it's not something I'll lose sleep over. After all, I have plenty of games to play, so it's Matrix losing the opportunity to raid my credit card when there is no new deal. <grin>

I have purchased a couple of the Deals, and have been very pleased with my purchases. I most definitely would NOT have purchased those games at full price (and had not for several years...) but at the lower price points, I am pleased, and looking forward to the continued operation of the Deal of the X Week(s)!

I wish we could vote for new deals. I for one would love to try Distant Worlds, but it is essentially a $100 game right now (with all expansions, which seem to be required to play the game as intended) and $100 is more than I want to pay to try it out. Next would be The Operational Art of War III.
Rodia

Post by Rodia »

Well, Matrix deals seem to be more about no longer supported games, so while I can't see DW going that way, TOAW III sadly is DotW material.
samspackman

Post by samspackman »

Please put War Plan Orange on sale. TIA.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The marketing team are still out of office so going to see what we can do tomorrow when they get back in. No promises yet but we'll see!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Greyshaft

Post by Greyshaft »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

The marketing team are still out of office so going to see what we can do tomorrow when they get back in. No promises yet but we'll see!

Thanks for the update.
The glass is still half full
/Greyshaft
sth1119

Post by sth1119 »

I would second this!
[:)]
ORIGINAL: V for Vegas

Please put War Plan Orange on sale. TIA.

Return to “General Discussion”