Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Germany at War" Review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> "Germany at War" Review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Germany at War" Review - 8/7/2013 3:13:59 PM   
Vasquez

In german language: http://www.7idgaming.de/content.php?210-Matrix-Games-Germany-at-War-Barbarossa-1941-REVIEW
Post #: 1
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/7/2013 7:28:18 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

Why are people so hard on this game :/

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 2
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/7/2013 7:45:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry the graphics and sound did not pass muster with you, but I think it's a very good review overall. 10/10 for Atmosphere/Gameplay, 8/10 for Content/Game Size and 9/10 for Artificial Intelligence are great scores for us. Hopefully wargamers will look at those primarily and we'll have a chance in a sequel to improve the graphics and sound and polish the game further.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to heyhellowhatsnew)
Post #: 3
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/7/2013 8:02:30 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

I really like this game, Erik. This is from a fan who buys all Matrix games as you can probably see from my profile, lol. I just wish it got more love.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/7/2013 9:15:30 PM   
Vasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: heyhellowhatsnew

Why are people so hard on this game :/

Dont think I was "hard" on this game. 77% is a very good rating. Of course the overall rating suffered a bit from the average graphics- and sound rating but well... The most important parts for a strategygame/wargame (gameplay, atmosphere etc) are on the top.

(in reply to heyhellowhatsnew)
Post #: 5
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/8/2013 2:56:32 AM   
VR_IronFist

I'm really enjoying Germany at War too. Erik's numerous write-ups explaining the game pushed me over from wanting to buy it, to actually purchasing it.

I prefer tactical and operational level games on the light side of wargaming so we're talking Conflict of Heroes, Panzer Korps, Battle Academy, etc. That being said, I really want games I can play from the German side, especially in campaigns. It's the main reason I dropped off playing Battle Academy; not enough content from the German p.o.v. So when I saw Germany at War (the name says it all) and saw it had campaigns from the Deutsche perspective combined with Erik's posts, sold!

I haven't stopped playing it since.

I look forward to what's in store for the franchise.

(in reply to Vasquez)
Post #: 6
RE: "Germany at War" Review - 8/8/2013 7:20:33 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

i read the review and while one does not agree with everthing i felt it was a balanced, well written report.

You really looked into the game and one can see you played it with thought and for quite a while.

We will also take into account several points you mentioned, some in fact were already on our list.

So thanks for the review.

@all others: thanks for the sympathy, it really motivates us even more to make the game better!

Regards,

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> "Germany at War" Review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI