Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Error loading Tiny Font

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Error loading Tiny Font Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error loading Tiny Font - 8/6/2013 8:34:49 AM   
JDuff

I am occasionally getting an error thrown on galaxy creation where there is an XNA error thrown around loading tiny font. The game then hangs even if I push continue (not surprising really). It is not consistent and normally on a reload it vanishes. I had a bout of them last night and I had to re-install XNA to make them go away. I have only had this with the 1.9.x releases.

I will try and get a screen capture but most times it hangs the PC if I try to expand the error.

I am playing 1.9.0.8 on Win 7 SP1 64 bit, i5, 8 GB of DDR3, GeForce GTX 560
Post #: 1
RE: Error loading Tiny Font - 8/7/2013 3:07:57 AM   
elliotg

TinyFont is the first piece of XNA content loaded in DW. So this could be a problem that shows up with TinyFont, but actually applies to all XNA content in DW.

I would check whether some other process on your machine is interfering with file access, e.g. anti-virus or anti-malware. If the problem is intermittent, as you describe, then these types of processes would be at the top of my list of suspects

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to JDuff)
Post #: 2
RE: Error loading Tiny Font - 8/7/2013 12:17:36 PM   
JDuff

Thanks for the info - I'll look into it.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Error loading Tiny Font Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI