Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Races Hard Cap?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Races Hard Cap? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Races Hard Cap? - 8/5/2013 9:54:11 PM   
fierceking

What is the maximum amount of empire/races that can be added to the game currently in Shadows?

I'm asking because I have done some changes to Haree78's DW Exteneded Mod, which is great BTW. I have modifyied it to include an additional 21 races for a total of 58. But from reading older posts, I came across some info that the game limits the amount of races to 50. The thing was that the post was referring to Legends. So I am wondering if the hard cap was raised in Shadows.

Currently my game loads all 58 races but I am experienceing some crashes when I try to zoom in some other system. I'm trying to figure out the problem and I think this could be it.
Post #: 1
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/5/2013 11:03:46 PM   
Haree78

From memory there isn't a cap on amount of races, just a cap on 50 ship sets.
However....I doubt many players have had that many races and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues that haven't been spotted before.

Distant Worlds Extended
Battlestar Galactica Legends Mod

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 2
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/7/2013 6:40:13 PM   
fierceking

Currently I have 58 shipset in the ship design folder. Would that cause problems or would the game just ignore anything above 50?

In the races folder what I had before was for each corresponding race, it had it's own ship design picture so race 57 would be...
DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;57

So according to you that would be making errors I assume? But the race I added was able to load ship design folder 57 for it's own race.

quote:

'Designs picture family index when race is Pirate: index of default ships pictures used for this race from ship pictures contained in Images\units\ships\ folder or Customization\YourTheme\shipImages\ folder
'-1 = default random pirate ship images, 0-50 = normal ship design family index
DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;-1

Would making it -1 also cause errors and choose a random number between 1-58?

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 3
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/8/2013 4:42:41 PM   
Shark7

50 is really the place you should cut off at adding races, anything about that will get resource intensive if not cause problems.

think of 50 as a practical limit (rather than hard cap)

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 4
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/9/2013 6:12:45 AM   
dostillevi

50 works just fine for me (after I found all the bugs), although I usually play games with no more than 25 races in them. I expect such games would become unplayable too if I played longer than early-mid game due to the way the game handles resources.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Races Hard Cap? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI