Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Races Hard Cap?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Races Hard Cap? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Races Hard Cap? - 8/5/2013 9:54:11 PM   
fierceking

What is the maximum amount of empire/races that can be added to the game currently in Shadows?

I'm asking because I have done some changes to Haree78's DW Exteneded Mod, which is great BTW. I have modifyied it to include an additional 21 races for a total of 58. But from reading older posts, I came across some info that the game limits the amount of races to 50. The thing was that the post was referring to Legends. So I am wondering if the hard cap was raised in Shadows.

Currently my game loads all 58 races but I am experienceing some crashes when I try to zoom in some other system. I'm trying to figure out the problem and I think this could be it.
Post #: 1
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/5/2013 11:03:46 PM   
Haree78

From memory there isn't a cap on amount of races, just a cap on 50 ship sets.
However....I doubt many players have had that many races and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues that haven't been spotted before.

Distant Worlds Extended
Battlestar Galactica Legends Mod

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 2
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/7/2013 6:40:13 PM   
fierceking

Currently I have 58 shipset in the ship design folder. Would that cause problems or would the game just ignore anything above 50?

In the races folder what I had before was for each corresponding race, it had it's own ship design picture so race 57 would be...
DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;57

So according to you that would be making errors I assume? But the race I added was able to load ship design folder 57 for it's own race.

quote:

'Designs picture family index when race is Pirate: index of default ships pictures used for this race from ship pictures contained in Images\units\ships\ folder or Customization\YourTheme\shipImages\ folder
'-1 = default random pirate ship images, 0-50 = normal ship design family index
DesignsPictureFamilyIndexPirates ;-1

Would making it -1 also cause errors and choose a random number between 1-58?

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 3
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/8/2013 4:42:41 PM   
Shark7

50 is really the place you should cut off at adding races, anything about that will get resource intensive if not cause problems.

think of 50 as a practical limit (rather than hard cap)

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 4
RE: Races Hard Cap? - 8/9/2013 6:12:45 AM   
dostillevi

50 works just fine for me (after I found all the bugs), although I usually play games with no more than 25 races in them. I expect such games would become unplayable too if I played longer than early-mid game due to the way the game handles resources.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Races Hard Cap? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI