Ship/bases icons not displaying properly? - 1.9.0.9

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Mysterius

Ship/bases icons not displaying properly? - 1.9.0.9

Post by Mysterius »

Hello,

I do not know if it is intended or not, but I don't recall seeing this in the previous versions of DW. I haven't played Shadows before though.

When I zoom out inside a system, it seems the ships or bases icons are not displayed properly. Instead of an opaque geometrical shape, it seems to retain the light "zoom in" version of the icon, and it's almost invisible when zoomed out.

Here is a screen : http://uppix.net/abRlZi.jpg

As you can see, my ships are hard to see. There is an exploration ship on the left down corner, I have mining bases on 2 planets at the center which are barely visible, and all my research stations in a circle around my planet are also transparent.

Is this normal? If yes... i find this quite disturbing. I don't remember it that way in Legends
"Bigamy is when you have two wives, monotony is when you only have one." - Pierre Desproges
Fishers of Men

RE: Ship/bases icons not displaying properly? - 1.9.0.9

Post by Fishers of Men »

This is the way my screens look, too. I believe this is the new game graphics of Shadows designed to save memory and make the scrolling and zooming in and out run smoothly. It has taken me some time to get used to this new look, like dotted lines instead of solid lines and see-through icons instead of solid ones, but it works better on the low end computer systems like mine.
Old............but very fast
Mysterius

Post by Mysterius »

I see... But it's only my ships that looks like that. Other race's ships are perfectly visible. If it was for performance, why hide only the player race?

I can barely see my ships, that is quite disturbing :/.
"Bigamy is when you have two wives, monotony is when you only have one." - Pierre Desproges
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for this report.

The visibility for these symbols is improved in the next update.

Elliot
Mysterius

Post by Mysterius »

Thank you Elliot :)

Return to “Tech Support”