Error: oobs won't load

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Dollar Bill

Error: oobs won't load

Post by Dollar Bill »

I finally coughed up the money for the General's Edition earlier this year (2013). Standard scenarios and campaigns seem to work fine. Playing a Mega Game, I got about 15 scenarios into Operation Watchtower and now I get an error when I try and start the game: oobs won't load. It runs through about 20-30 with that message in a second or so and then the game crashes.

I restarted the campaign and got about 25 scenarios into it and the same thing has happened!

This is about as disappointing as it gets! After fighting the color pallet issues, getting it to run on Windows 7 and to have this happen. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?
junk2drive

RE: Error: oobs won't load

Post by junk2drive »

I don't know the answer.

That said, Watchtower was made with version 7.0. There was an update, 7.1. I recall years ago having some strange units on screen with that version. Maybe by the time 8.403 came along the OOBs are jumbled. Or you may just have a corrupt file somewhere.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”