Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship capture - 1.9.0.9

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ship capture - 1.9.0.9 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/4/2013 10:02:56 AM   
Kayoz

Ship capture is far more twitchy - I believe it is due to the 1.9.0.9 change:

MILITARY SHIPS, FLEETS AND COMBAT

- military ships are now much better at firing at nearby enemies even when pursuing other targets

Ships now seem to fire on the target designated for capture regardless of whether shields are down or not. I suspect the above change is responsible (ignoring capture command).

I don't see any need to upload a save file - it should be a doddle to reproduce.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Post #: 1
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/5/2013 12:28:55 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for catching this. Fixed in the next update.

Elliot

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 2
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/5/2013 6:05:44 AM   
Rabble

All this fixes will be implemented in 1.9.0.9 official update?

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/5/2013 8:09:44 AM   
Strat_84

Does it also fix the problem with fighters destroying ships during boarding operations ?

(in reply to Rabble)
Post #: 4
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/5/2013 8:56:47 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strat_84
Does it also fix the problem with fighters destroying ships during boarding operations ?

Fighters already coordinate to minimize damage during boarding operations. Not usually possible to do this perfectly though, depending on the timing of weapons fire, shield lowering, etc.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Strat_84)
Post #: 5
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/26/2013 11:17:16 AM   
Kayoz

Seems that ship under capture is ignored by all but the fleet or base that initiated the boarding action.

Specifically, if there are ships not in the fleet or bases in firing range, they will continue firing on the ship while boarding is under-way.

I'm not sure that this is as designed - is it?

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/26/2013 11:39:47 AM   
mSterian

Yeah, capture is still not working right. I destroy countless targets trying to capture them.
It's due to the nature of the shields. Shields go back up, so capturer tries to lower them again for boarding. Which usually does more damage than the shild can take it, damaging components.

My design suggestion is: Stop lowering shield and sending more podsa as long as the boarding crew is in advantage.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 7
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/26/2013 5:05:08 PM   
Kayoz

I suppose that it's possible that it's the shields. My impression from watching the fight was that the stations nearby were lobbing missiles at the target regardless of the fact that it was being boarded.

That said, there's no reason to dump more boarding parties on a ship that's already grossly outnumbered. If you have 20 ships and a single target, they'll ALL blow their wad on that one ship, boarding it with absurd numbers. There really should be a point that your ships say "no more" and don't bother trying to lower the shields, much less drop more boarders. A 2-1 or 3-1 advantage should be abundantly clear who the winner will be.

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 8
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 8/26/2013 8:47:46 PM   
mSterian

You should see a fleet of 20 ships trying to raid a mining station (when playing as a pirate).
Should I say it? yes... you blow the s**t out of the station before the ships even get to launch a pod. What kind of raiding is that?

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 9
RE: ship capture - 1.9.0.9 - 12/4/2013 11:28:29 PM   
elliotg

Thanks for the ongoing feedback.

In the next update I've further improved boarding and capture so that ships and fighters no longer fire at a target once you already have overwhelming boarding parties onboard the target.

Elliot

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> ship capture - 1.9.0.9 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI