Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Army Command Capacity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Army Command Capacity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Army Command Capacity - 8/3/2013 10:36:19 PM   
admiral

I starting to play WitE again and in reading one of the changes to Soviet Army capacities. v1.05.59 Jan 31 2012. It states that 6/41-8/41 -24, 9/41-3/42 -21, 4/42-9/45 -18. Why a decrease and not an increase? Does the Front capacities stay the same?

Admiral
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Army Command Capacity - 8/4/2013 7:03:06 AM   
cpt flam

Front will increase
I think that this can simulate poor capacity from their side, and necessity to react.

(in reply to admiral)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Army Command Capacity - 8/4/2013 7:48:19 AM   
loki100

remember also, oddly, that these reductions help the Soviet player.

Unlike the Germans, Soviet combat units have less organic support so need to draw more from the HQ. At 24 CPs (ie 12 divisions) there are far too few available to compensate for this lack so everything is hampered. At 18, there is still a shortfall but its not too bad.

(in reply to admiral)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Army Command Capacity - 8/5/2013 1:19:02 PM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

remember also, oddly, that these reductions help the Soviet player.

Unlike the Germans, Soviet combat units have less organic support so need to draw more from the HQ. At 24 CPs (ie 12 divisions) there are far too few available to compensate for this lack so everything is hampered. At 18, there is still a shortfall but its not too bad.

I'd rather have the 24 CP armies. Not even a contest. 18 is ****.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Army Command Capacity - 8/5/2013 1:25:12 PM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

Front will increase
I think that this can simulate poor capacity from their side, and necessity to react.

It's a straight up nerf and nothing more with little or no historical justification. (Unlike the change to tank armies, which does at least fit historical practice.)

They did it so the Sovs can't concentrate leadership. But they will do this anyways. Nor does this do anything to really slow down the Soviet steamroller once it gets going. Basically, they went out and tried to fix the game's offensive bias in absolutely the wrong way.

This needs a do over, just like so many other things.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Army Command Capacity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI