Matrix Games Forums

Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows - 8/7/2013 5:06:35 AM   
dostillevi

I believe they are close together because.. well, look at your empire when you play the game, your colonies are close together. Without giving too much storyline away, your new empire and all the independent worlds are the remnants of a previous empire of your race. It make sense that most are near you.

I would however be very interested in an option to allow races that aren't starting empires in the game be independent colonies. Not all surviving races need emerge as space faring empires at exactly the same time....

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 31
RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows - 8/7/2013 5:20:28 AM   
dostillevi

I can also confirm that I cannot build anything that is too large to be built anywhere but a planet through the right click menu of a planet. I can build such things through the construction yard screen, but I would like to be able to put things in specific locations.

EDIT: I should add that it is impossible to upgrade such bases if the upgraded design is large enough that it can only be built at planets as well. This is at least true with defensive bases, and makes it necessary to replace them fully in order to keep them up to date.

EDIT 2: After some further play in the same game both features are working properly. I'm not sure what changed.

< Message edited by dostillevi -- 8/7/2013 7:22:33 AM >

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 32
RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows - 8/7/2013 3:33:52 PM   
ScottenChi

Glad for the new path, but can I say that Andrew Loveridge's avatar creeps me out!!

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: New Public Beta v1.9.0.9 for DW Shadows Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI