Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updating CCReq to accept new releases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Updating CCReq to accept new releases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updating CCReq to accept new releases - 8/2/2013 1:06:54 AM   
Kanov

Any chance that somehow CCReq gets updated to support the new releases? or a similar tool is created if Sgt. Wilson is not available?

I just found out that CCReq does indeed support operations with several days with custom BG's and FP's in CC5 and CC4, I was under the impression that it only supported single battles for some reason, that's how I played anyways. That is all I want even if its limited to 3 maps (all connected, 1 supply per side, one neutral "battle" map) and 2 BG's (1 per side). Now with the retreat function of re-releases the OP doesn't need to end if one side is kicked off a map and there are still days left in the OP so you can play for longer time.

So much info lost on save game data and other things now with several forums out of commission.

I feel I wasted 10+ years now not playing real custom ops, so sad. Why didn't you tell me it could be done guys? lol
Post #: 1
RE: Updating CCReq to accept new releases - 8/2/2013 5:45:41 PM   
Kanov

Or at least can you guys Mr developers facilitate us the format of savegames please? OPS and campaigns.

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 2
RE: Updating CCReq to accept new releases - 8/2/2013 6:50:59 PM   
Steve McClaire

I can help with details of the saved game file format, but updating CCReq would probably be a fair bit of work and the file format is subject to change. You would likely end up doing a lot of work to update CCReq for Panthers in the Fog, for example, and then find it doesn't work with any later releases.

If someone is going to tackle this and has specific questions about the file format, they're welcome to PM me here.

Steve

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 3
RE: Updating CCReq to accept new releases - 8/2/2013 10:20:11 PM   
Kanov

Programming a tool to do this is beyond my reach but would like to know from what offset to extract the info of the FP and BG data in the new savegames (TLD and PitF) to see if I could do it manually.

On another note, I found out that CCreq supports more than 3 maps per OP but only supports one supply map and 1 BG per side. Would be awesome to have big OPs or campaigns with custom made BGs and FPs, with out modding the game itself that is. Just a save game that you can share with other people with out installing anything.

I hope someone with the skills steps in.

Good luck and thanks Steve for your offer to share the knowledge.

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Updating CCReq to accept new releases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI