Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario - Nemesis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Scenario - Nemesis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario - Nemesis - 7/29/2013 4:09:27 PM   
Red Lancer

This has been sitting on my hard drive for sometime and I thought I would make it public. Just unzip to the main directory.

It is total fiction but allowed me to learn how far I could work with the editor, including adding new ground elements, revamping german production, changing TOEs and even giving some Infantry Divisions 32MPs on the first turn.

If you are not an Axis fanboy I dare say it's not for you. Although the Soviet side is unchanged the Axis side is considerably different. This includes the new Army Group Northeast, adding in 20th Mountain Army and a more balanced approach with most higher formations having similar structures. However at the start other than in a couple of occasions (e.g. 91 Luftlande Div) no new units have been created early without compensating reductions elsewhere (e.g. LSSAH & GD at Div strength at the expense of Motorised Bdes). Additionally German AFV and Arty production has been completely reworked with a more 'efficient' model with a number of new vehicles and corresponding changes to TOEs. The Axis Allies are much more involved. If you have any questions please ask. Enjoy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Lancer -- 7/29/2013 4:12:21 PM >

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario - Nemesis - 7/30/2013 3:07:23 PM   
timmyab

Nice, an Axis fan-boy's wet dream.It might be difficult to find a soviet opponent though.It would need a house rule like Axis 290 VP win by the end of turn 17 or they lose, or something like that.

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario - Nemesis - 7/31/2013 3:14:41 PM   
Red Lancer

Tim

Thanks for the feedback and I agree that it's not very Soviet friendly but I'd love people to play past Turn 17 so they get to enjoy some of the changes I've added.
- New vehs like the Sturmpanzer II Bison, Dickermax, Sturer Emil and the fictional Libelle - a Wespe using the Pz38(t) chassis amongst others.  
- It is also slightly more 'blizzard' proof as the Jager Divs are designated as Mountain Infantry. 
- Those who dive in will also notice that the LW Jager Regts upgrade to Skijager Units and the LW Field Divisions don't exist but PzJager Divs do.
- I have aligned production with TOE changes.  There are a number of phases - 41 ,42 (start Mar 42),43a(start Mar 43),43b(start Jun 43),44a(start Jan 44),44b(start Jun 44),45a (start Jan 45),45b(start Jun 45) - each TOE is aligned to these dates as is the production of ground elements.  For example for Lt Tk Destroyer you start with a PzJg I, then in Mar42 - a PzJg 38(t), Feb 43 - Marder III and the Hetzer in Jan 44.  In most cases there are only one type of each platform type (e.g. Tk Destroyer)

I tend to play as Axis <100 vs Soviet AI on 110.  It may not be hugely challenging but it is fun.

John

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Scenario - Nemesis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI