Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 7/29/2013 3:06:41 PM   
Philkian

Today we want to share with you the first videos of a LP playlist for the Scourge of War series!

This playlist contains videos made by youtuber Steelwarrior77. The game showed is the main game, Scourge of War: Gettysburg. The video features the first battle, so that it can give an idea of the gameplay to those who never played Scourge of War before. Watch here!
Post #: 1
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 7/29/2013 4:28:09 PM   
gwgardner

Can you explain the player's difficulty in getting the cavalry to stay dismounted behind the fence?

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 7/29/2013 5:03:12 PM   
leftydad

The video seems to illustrate how the game is not working correctly, impossible to control the cavalry units. Will that get fixed?

James

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 3
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 7/30/2013 3:50:36 AM   
flanyboy

I made a Historical Discussion video of the July 1st morning engagement with Buford's Division for the 150th. It's not really instructional in how to use cavalry but my horsemen fought dismounted for the bulk of the fight without any issues. If you're interested check out the link below. I've never really been frustrated with cavalry personally. I submitted a video to www.wargamer.com looking at the new Brandy Station expansion, though I fight almost entirely mounted during that engagement (by choice) and it's not published yet either but it should be up in a week or so.

July 1st, Buford at Gettysburg

Note: This isn't intended to take away from the LP posted here, just positing that I don't think cavalry is broken

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 7/30/2013 3:53:01 AM >

(in reply to leftydad)
Post #: 4
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 8/5/2013 12:49:45 AM   
gwgardner

Thanks, I watched your video. Very informative.

What do you think was the difference in your play and that of the previous video, that caused so much trouble with controlling the cavalry there?

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 8/6/2013 2:25:18 AM   
gwgardner

I went ahead and bought the game.

I do however wonder why you guys would tout a video (re this thread) which makes it look like a feature in the game (cavalry dismount) does not work. And then there is no response concerning why the feature does work for another player.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 6
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 8/6/2013 4:41:24 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

I went ahead and bought the game.

I do however wonder why you guys would tout a video (re this thread) which makes it look like a feature in the game (cavalry dismount) does not work. And then there is no response concerning why the feature does work for another player.

Sorry I've been a bit busy. I haven't had a chance to see how he played all that much yet. When I get a bit of time away from RL I'll check out his video and let you know what I can figure out. Sorry I wasn't ignoring you.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 7
RE: Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos - 8/6/2013 12:53:07 PM   
gwgardner

Oh, I wasn't referring to you, but the Matrix/Norbsoft guys. Haha, unless you're with them. At any rate, I found the Norbsoft forum. Looks like there's more stuff there.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Scourge of War: Gettysburg LP Videos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI