Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/29/2013 12:06:51 PM   
Itdepends

Hi guys,
we have a Japanese exchange student staying with us in Australia this week and their family (the father I thing) wrote a short (but nice) thank you letter to us to thank us for looking after his daughter. I'd like to return the favour and have used google translate but want to make sure nothing is lost in translation before I start copying Japanese characters.

This is the original text
Dear Ogawa family,
Thank you for entrusting your daughter to our care. It has been a pleasure to have her stay with us. Our daughters enjoyed playing with her and we will miss her very much. Thank you for your kind gifts, we liked them very much. Our culture is much younger than Japan but we hope that you like the gifts we have given to Junna for your family.
Sincerely,
Daniel and Cherylyn Roworth

And in Japanese courtesy Google
小川家各位
                               私たちのケアにあなたの娘を委託していただきありがとうございます。それは彼女が私たちと一緒に持っていることの喜びとなっています。私たちの娘は彼女と一緒に遊んで楽しんで、我々は彼女が非常に欠場する。あなたの親切な贈り物をありがとうございました、我々は非常に彼らが好きだった。私たちの文化は、日本よりもはるかに年下ですが、我々はあなたは私たちがあなたの家族のために純菜に与えた贈り物を好むことを願っています。
敬具
             ダニエルとシェラリーンRoworth

Any help appreciated.
Daniel
Post #: 1
RE: OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/29/2013 10:25:31 PM   
floydg

My wife provided this:

小川様、

このたびは、純菜さんを 私どもにお預け頂きありがとうございました。彼女と一緒に過ごすことができて大変光栄でした。私たちの娘も純菜さんと一緒に遊ぶことができて楽しんでおりました。純菜さんがいなくなると本当に寂しくなります。また、ご親切に贈り物を頂きまして感謝しております。とても素敵で気に入っております。私たちの文化の歴史は、日本のそれよりもはるかに浅いですが、純菜さんに差し上げた贈り物を気にって頂けることを願っています。

親愛なる
ダニエルとシェラリーンRoworth より

Now I owe her...

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2
RE: OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/29/2013 11:03:55 PM   
geofflambert

Go with the wife. Never send someone a letter in a foreign language using a non-human translation service. You will make grammatical errors which will totally change the meaning of what you thought you were saying, at best leaving the recipient scratching his/her head and at worst feeling insulted or outraged. I have my own human slave who types all this stuff for me, as I only understand Gorn, and can't read anyway.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3
RE: OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/29/2013 11:24:37 PM   
kaleun

Agree with the lizard.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/29/2013 11:45:42 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Go with the wife. Never send someone a letter in a foreign language using a non-human translation service. You will make grammatical errors which will totally change the meaning of what you thought you were saying, at best leaving the recipient scratching his/her head and at worst feeling insulted or outraged. I have my own human slave who types all this stuff for me, as I only understand Gorn, and can't read anyway.

I love every one of your posts

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker - 7/30/2013 11:06:02 AM   
Itdepends

Thanks Floydg. If you owe your wife I guess I owe you one. Let me know if you ever need anything translated from American to Australian

In all seriousness- thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT- Help wanted from Native Japanese speaker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI