Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/27/2013 5:53:08 PM   
Icedawg

Has anyone considered just building the B5N1 Kate and not the B5N2? The stats are nearly identical aside from the service rating, and when you consider that most CV battles are just one and done, service rating isn't all that big of a consideration.

You start the game with a bunch of Hikari engines that only the B5N1 uses, so why not just build out those and wait for the Jill to come along?

If you end up having some massive CV battle and your TBs take a big hit, then you may have to switch over to the B5N2. But, if things stay pretty quiet and you research the heck out of the Jill (and get her online by late 42/early 43), you might not even have to build a single B5N2.

I'm asking because I'm in Dec 42, the B6N2 should be available within a month or so and I have about 150 each of the B5N1 and the B5N2 in my aircraft pool. Seems like a horrible waste of resources that could be partially avoided by not even bothering with the B5N2.

Has anyone thought of, or even tried this?
Post #: 1
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/27/2013 6:27:02 PM   
kaleun

Could be an idea.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/27/2013 8:37:32 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Has anyone considered just building the B5N1 Kate and not the B5N2? The stats are nearly identical aside from the service rating, and when you consider that most CV battles are just one and done, service rating isn't all that big of a consideration.

You start the game with a bunch of Hikari engines that only the B5N1 uses, so why not just build out those and wait for the Jill to come along?

If you end up having some massive CV battle and your TBs take a big hit, then you may have to switch over to the B5N2. But, if things stay pretty quiet and you research the heck out of the Jill (and get her online by late 42/early 43), you might not even have to build a single B5N2.

I'm asking because I'm in Dec 42, the B6N2 should be available within a month or so and I have about 150 each of the B5N1 and the B5N2 in my aircraft pool. Seems like a horrible waste of resources that could be partially avoided by not even bothering with the B5N2.

Hi Icedawg,

I certainly produce the B5N1 to the exhaustion of the engine pools. I'll use them if needs arise as a replacement for B5N2 production.

I usually will produce a modest number of B5N2s, whilest awaiting the D6Y1. I like the 'backup' should things go pear-shaped in my airframe pool.

Plus, both the B5N1 and B5N2 will make for fine kamikaze aircraft come late war. It's worth having them available in numbers, IMO.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/27/2013 8:56:46 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Hi Icedawg,

I certainly produce the B5N1 to the exhaustion of the engine pools. I'll use them if needs arise as a replacement for B5N2 production.

I usually will produce a modest number of B5N2s, whilest awaiting the D6Y1. I like the 'backup' should things go pear-shaped in my airframe pool.

Plus, both the B5N1 and B5N2 will make for fine kamikaze aircraft come late war. It's worth having them available in numbers, IMO.

Ditto, though I can't speak to kamikazes yet. There's no point in not producing the N1.

Except I wait for the B6N (Jill) rather than the D6Y (Grace).

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/28/2013 12:42:42 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

Hi Icedawg,

Ditto, though I can't speak to kamikazes yet. There's no point in not producing the N1.

Except I wait for the B6N (Jill) rather than the D6Y (Grace).

Gah! Typo. I meant the B6 (Jill), not the D6 (Grace). Sorry for any misunderstanding.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 5
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/28/2013 3:30:40 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

Hi Icedawg,

+1

Pax

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) - 7/28/2013 3:51:47 AM   
John 3rd

+2

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI