OT - Does this happen to you?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AU Tiger_MatrixForum

OT - Does this happen to you?

Post by AU Tiger_MatrixForum »

Your lady decides she is in a chatty mood, and as she goes on and on about other kids' parents, the jerk at work, hair appointments, blah blah blah....and your mind is off in Malaysia and the DEI?
"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson
warspite1

RE: OT - Does this happen to you?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: AU Tiger

Your lady decides she is in a chatty mood, and as she goes on and on about other kids' parents, the jerk at work, hair appointments, blah blah blah....and your mind is off in Malaysia and the DEI?
warspite1

Reminds me of a line from Dumb and Dumber [:)]

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
morejeffs

Post by morejeffs »

There is an art to learning how to pretend you are listening.
A. Every now and then repeat back what she says.
B. Every 10 minutes just say "honey, you are absolutely right" It does not matter what she said, just support her verbally.

My grandparents were married 67 years and my grandmother has a huge motor mouth that does not
stop sprouting garbage...My mom was over at there house once and when grandmom went to the bathroom she asked my grandfather
how he could listen to this all day...
He then told her his system (A and B). He added if he actually listened to her for more than hour he said he would have killed her.

that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

If I told my wife that I read the reports and run the combat before going to the bathroom, showering or walking the dog so I can ponder my next moves she'd think that I was nuts.

We're supposed to be a driver, beast of burden, doer of the Honey Do list, but listen?
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

We must be seperated at birth... but not so much Malaysia right now...wondering if 5 DDs in my CV force is enough vs 6-8...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Phanatikk

Post by Phanatikk »

I just ask my wife for the short version.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I only use short term memory when listening to my wife. Just enough to be able to ask general questions or respond with <insert appropriate emotion here>. She gives me so many names that I cannot possibly keep them straight.

Using short term memory only requires 4-5% of your mind, allowing 95% to be used on more important stuff, like the chances of Betty showing up at your invasion party.

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I once mentioned to my wife that "Betty ruined my day". I will never make that mistake again.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

[:D][:D]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Q: what's the fastest way to a man's heart?
A: a sharp, long knife

[:'(]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Footslogger

Post by Footslogger »

Here is how you handle it gentleman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5pOZhKX0KU
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Every.
Friggin.
Day.

Lately we've been babysitting for friends, and now she's suddenly stricken with a bad case of baby fever. Won't stop talking about "baby this" and "baby that". Showing pictures of the baby, and other babies, on her iPhone. God.

Thankfully, we've matured past the point where it's biologically possible (and psychologically tolerable) for us to have children. She seems to think that babies stay cute and cuddly forever, and neglects to think of the prospect of raising teenagers while in our 60s.

I still fear that I may come home someday and find the friend's baby at our house, without her mother knowing about it...
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

Every.
Friggin.
Day.

Lately we've been babysitting for friends, and now she's suddenly stricken with a bad case of baby fever. Won't stop talking about "baby this" and "baby that". Showing pictures of the baby, and other babies, on her iPhone. God.

Thankfully, we've matured past the point where it's biologically possible (and psychologically tolerable) for us to have children. She seems to think that babies stay cute and cuddly forever, and neglects to think of the prospect of raising teenagers while in our 60s.

I still fear that I may come home someday and find the friend's baby at our house, without her mother knowing about it...

Get her a Great Dane puppy. It might cure that.

Tho. Jackson
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Why should women always wear white?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
So that they match the rest of the appliances.[;)]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Why should women always wear white?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
So that they match the rest of the appliances.[;)]

Oh lord, here is comes....
[8|]

Tho. Jackson
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

Every.
Friggin.
Day.

Get her a Great Dane puppy. It might cure that.

She's a Yorkshire Terrier type. :)
Virtually impossible to find at the shelters. They are overflowing with Chihuahuas, though...
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Q: what's the fastest way to a man's heart?
A: a sharp, long knife

[:'(]

The version I've heard is "right through his farking rib-cage". Not quite as subtle, but the sentiment is still there.
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

My parents were well into their 40s when I came along. After going to a parent teacher conference at school once my mother commented that she was old enough to be all the other kid's parents. My father started collecting social security the year I started college. It was weird, and I could see it was a horrible strain on them.

I never wanted kids and my SO actively dislikes any human under the age of 15. She thinks all babies are horribly ugly beyond comprehension.

She's also not one to run on about nothing. Usually her stories range from interesting enough to keep my attention to quite interesting.

We do have some role reversal. I've caught her doing A and B above when I'm telling her something. Sometimes it's been important and I think there was a decision made when she wasn't paying enough attention and finds out later that something happened she didn't like because she was doing the "uh huh, sure" thing without really listening. She does have the integrity to look sheepish when those things happen and I point out to her we had a lengthy conversation about it.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Every.
Friggin.
Day.

Uh, yeah. Well watch yourself there champ. I can tell you that I added a (now) 4yo to a (now) 22yo thinking the same thing: "we are way past that ..." [;)]
Pax
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

She thinks all babies are horribly ugly beyond comprehension

Thats only true for the ones that are not yours...
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”