Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/20/2013 7:48:42 PM   
1EyedJacks

Version 1.7.11.23h

I've had a couple of turns where I've set my troops to bomb a non-base hex and forgot to take them from airfield attack and switch them to ground attack. Of course since they are set to attack an airfield in a hex that doesn't have an airfield they sit-and-spin... I just tested and I can also apparently set both airfield & port attack with Sallys on hex 76,43...

Is there any way to grey out options that should not be possible for air missions?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 1EyedJacks -- 7/20/2013 7:50:45 PM >

TTFN,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 1:34:03 AM   
michaelm

can you attach a save and tell me how it happens? I can't seem to target a non-base hex for port/airfield attack.
I tried a ground attack on non-base hex. Then switched to AF or Port attack. The target area cleared.

Michael

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 2
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 5:01:48 AM   
1EyedJacks

Here ya go.

The previous turn I had it accidentally set to airfield. This turn I was testing it out and could set it to bomb the hex with either Airfield Attack or Port Attack.

Thanks for looking @ this for me.

Attachment (1)

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 5:13:12 AM   
1EyedJacks

Hey Michealm - while you are in there - can you look at that Amphibious TF @ Marcus with a fragment of a Wake CD gun stuck on one of the ship's in the TF? I can't get it to unload. I was gunna run it over to another nearby island and see if I could unload/reload the fragment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or a possible fix.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 4
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 9:21:30 AM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Here ya go.

The previous turn I had it accidentally set to airfield. This turn I was testing it out and could set it to bomb the hex with either Airfield Attack or Port Attack.

There was some value in the AF/Port for the ground unit targeted, which was making the code think that it was a valid target base. I have added an extra 'is it a base?' check so stop it from checking any non-base target which should resolve this without stopping it from behaving normally when aimed at a base.
Explains why I couldn't seem to make it happen - random thing when it would crop up.
While at it will also show an error if you try to pick a non-base target from port/AF attack.

Michael

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 5
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 9:45:45 AM   
michaelm

quote:

Hey Michealm - while you are in there - can you look at that Amphibious TF @ Marcus with a fragment of a Wake CD gun stuck on one of the ship's in the TF? I can't get it to unload. I was gunna run it over to another nearby island and see if I could unload/reload the fragment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or a possible fix.

Think that the device is too large to unload at small port
Message in the Ops Report:
TF 48 can not completely unload troops at Marcus Island

< Message edited by michaelm -- 7/22/2013 12:32:40 PM >

Michael

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 6
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 12:42:28 PM   
n01487477

If we are going to use "bogus" how about no supplies needed to repair airfields etc as long as engineers are present ;-)

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 1:02:29 PM   
michaelm

I think that this particular bug was introduced earlier when I tried to allow easier targeting if target had multiple missions.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
RE: Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks - 7/22/2013 2:36:49 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

Here ya go.

There was some value in the AF/Port for the ground unit targeted, which was making the code think that it was a valid target base. I have added an extra 'is it a base?' check so stop it from checking any non-base target which should resolve this without stopping it from behaving normally when aimed at a base.
Explains why I couldn't seem to make it happen - random thing when it would crop up.
While at it will also show an error if you try to pick a non-base target from port/AF attack.

Thanks much for looking into this for me. So the fix will be in a future patch - awesome! And also - thanks for explaining the text message regarding unloading of troops. I didn't think of the port size for Marcus... <wry grin>

Again - deepest respect and thanks.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bogus Airfield & Port Attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI