iOS Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

PunkReaper

iOS Games

Post by PunkReaper »

From the Boardgamegeek site:

Today I had the opportunity (whilst at Historicon for work) to attend the Matrix/Slitherine press conference. They went through a quick list of everything they have coming up for iOS. Let's take a look:

Chariots of War - Q4 2013
This is a grand strategy game set at the dawn of civilization. It looked interesting and is certainly a nice departure from the current iOS strategy titles. Check out the game page here.

Fields of Glory - Soon 2013
This is a medieval history strategy game. It will have 10 expansions for purchase at launch. It looked very interesting and much more strategy than RPGm which History Medieval Battles was. Check out the game page here.

Battle Academy 2 - Late 2013, Early 2014
This sequel to the iOS hit will feature improved graphics with new effects like smoke and trenches. It will also feature their new play be email 2 system. Check out the game page here.

Panzer Corp - September 2013
This extremely popular PC strategy game will be released on iOS soon. It is heading into Beta according to Slitherine. Similar to Fields of Glory, it will feature 12 expansions on day one. Check out the game page here.

Commander: The Great War - Early 2014
Developed by new Slitherine partner Lordz Games. This aims to a be a full scale simulation of WWI. Check out the game page here.

Gary Grigsby's World at War - 2014
This is a larger scale simulation of WWII. The staff seemed to think this game will work exceptionally well on iPad. I do not know much about it, but I will provide more details as they come. Check out the game page here.

Warhammer 40k Armageddon - 2014
This project is not a port like many of the others but rather a new original title. We were able to see renders of a few of the units and it looks good so far. This is certainly one we will keep on our radars. Check out the game page here.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager - September 2013
This is the game of the show for them. It is a full featured space mission management sim. Unlike Kerbal Space Program where you build the rockets and even control flight, this is more of a classic sim game. You manage the team and launch the missions, but they play at more as movies based on how well your organization is managed. The whole thing sounds quite fun and I look forward to it.Check out the game page here.

The Slitherine catalog also listed two titles they did not go over at the press event. I will reach out for more on these:
Conquest of the Aegean
History Egypt: Engineering and Empire

That's it for now. We will reach out to determine which of these will be available for Android as well. Be sure to stop by and say hello if you are at Historicon.
Crimguy

RE: iOS Games

Post by Crimguy »

Very excited for most of these titles. Panzer Corps on iPad: perfect!
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Just based on the iPad panzer corps... Released date projected early 2012. I would put a (at a minimal) six months to a year on all these dates. While other games just get released with little to no advanced notice I.e great battles I really hate it when they post things like this to have the games pushed back again and again. I would much rather that they just say devolving the game....my guess is that this is simply a wish list if it happens its great. Problem is most people take this as truth when in all reality it isn't . Why is panzer corps just now heading into "beta". When it listed for release in September and announced in 2011? All that I'm saying in beta if they run into a problem and it gets released in December? Could this happen? Of course! Also history Egypt is already on the iPad I have it!
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

From the Boardgamegeek site:

Today I had the opportunity (whilst at Historicon for work) to attend the Matrix/Slitherine press conference. They went through a quick list of everything they have coming up for iOS. Let's take a look:

Chariots of War - Q4 2013
This is a grand strategy game set at the dawn of civilization. It looked interesting and is certainly a nice departure from the current iOS strategy titles. Check out the game page here.

Fields of Glory - Soon 2013
This is a medieval history strategy game. It will have 10 expansions for purchase at launch. It looked very interesting and much more strategy than RPGm which History Medieval Battles was. Check out the game page here.

Battle Academy 2 - Late 2013, Early 2014
This sequel to the iOS hit will feature improved graphics with new effects like smoke and trenches. It will also feature their new play be email 2 system. Check out the game page here.

Panzer Corp - September 2013
This extremely popular PC strategy game will be released on iOS soon. It is heading into Beta according to Slitherine. Similar to Fields of Glory, it will feature 12 expansions on day one. Check out the game page here.

Commander: The Great War - Early 2014
Developed by new Slitherine partner Lordz Games. This aims to a be a full scale simulation of WWI. Check out the game page here.

Gary Grigsby's World at War - 2014
This is a larger scale simulation of WWII. The staff seemed to think this game will work exceptionally well on iPad. I do not know much about it, but I will provide more details as they come. Check out the game page here.

Warhammer 40k Armageddon - 2014
This project is not a port like many of the others but rather a new original title. We were able to see renders of a few of the units and it looks good so far. This is certainly one we will keep on our radars. Check out the game page here.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager - September 2013
This is the game of the show for them. It is a full featured space mission management sim. Unlike Kerbal Space Program where you build the rockets and even control flight, this is more of a classic sim game. You manage the team and launch the missions, but they play at more as movies based on how well your organization is managed. The whole thing sounds quite fun and I look forward to it.Check out the game page here.

The Slitherine catalog also listed two titles they did not go over at the press event. I will reach out for more on these:
Conquest of the Aegean
History Egypt: Engineering and Empire

That's it for now. We will reach out to determine which of these will be available for Android as well. Be sure to stop by and say hello if you are at Historicon.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Scheduling game development is extremely hard so none of these dates are certain. Panzer Corps was an exceptionally complex game to port and the complexities were not apparent at the beginning. We've had an internal team working full time on it but it sometimes just takes as long as it takes. There isn't really anything else to say on it.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We are planning to release some of Wastelands Interactive games both on iOS and Android starting this Autumn.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Time of fury please!
ORIGINAL: doomtrader

We are planning to release some of Wastelands Interactive games both on iOS and Android starting this Autumn.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Time of fury please!
ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Double post
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I think such game is worth double post.

Return to “General Discussion”