Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vyzama decisive Win?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Vyzama decisive Win? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vyzama decisive Win? - 7/15/2013 10:26:43 PM   
demjansk

I just finished the Vyzama scenario and I achieved a marginal win. Up until this point I had all decisive wins. What is the best strategy for this scenario? I ended up getting to the hexes next to Moscow. I might be air heavy?
Post #: 1
RE: Vyzama decisive Win? - 7/18/2013 5:28:57 PM   
RPKUPK

Yep, Moscow.
Weather is your BIG enemy here.
It is tempting to split your forces in half and try the two pincer envelopment of Vyazma from the north and south. This splits your forces too much. It can be achieved but results in a costly delay that then means you run out of time at the gates of Moscow.
Think outside the box.
Better is to defend Safanovo with one infantry. Send one infantry to sneak up on Zhirkovsky but delay that capture.
Send the REST of your attacking force along the the southern axis to take Vyazma from that one side. Be patient till the weather clears and lets you move...After you have captured Ugra and Yukhnov, send a smaller mobile force (armor, with some mobile artillery and at least one infantry!) along the very lightly defended axis of, Medyn, Obninsk, Airfield** (!) at 40,10 and lightly defended Moscow! Scoop up the prestige! You will want to capture Kaluga (hint, hint!). Airfield 40,10 critical. Capture Moscow!
Do this before the weather gets really bad** the last few turns.
After capturing Vyazma with your strong concentrated supported attack from the south send a mobile unit or two to attack major objective Zhirkovsky from the rear(!) and capture it with the sneaking infantry unit. The other objective, major objective Mozhaysk can be taken from the rear**(!)after capture of Moscow.
By your command, Herr General.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Vyzama decisive Win? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI