Initial Reactions

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Chet Guiles

Initial Reactions

Post by Chet Guiles »

Installing the game was a problem. The installation quit after asking for a "second disk" (which of course I didn't have), so it never put an icon on the desktop and I suspect that it is incomplete.

Nevertheless when I hit the command.exe file in the main directory the program did try to load, and ponce or twice it "caught" and gave me a main screen. More often though it hangs when I try to load the game, shows only a partial home screen, and I have to kill it with Task Manager.

The once or twice I actually managed to get a scenario loaded it did seem to work OK, though for a new player it is a confusing screen full of units and sensors. This will be the part that takes any player time to learn.

When I put in the newest scenarios and etc from the update pack, and was finally able to get the game to start, either the tutorial or the scenario files caused a fatal crash with a "bug warning".

Not sure what to do next. There is no "Remove" in the windows file management console, but when I manually deleted all the files and reinstalled, the same problems occurred.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Specifically what files do I need to make this work and how do I get the install to go to completion and not ask me for the "next disk"?

Thanks.
navwarcol

RE: Initial Reactions

Post by navwarcol »

The .exe file should be CmdOps.exe, not command.exe. Have not seen it asking for another disk, either, before. As well, there are no sensors, so I am wondering if you posted in the correct game?
BletchleyGeek

RE: Initial Reactions

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Looks to me as a stray Command - the upcoming naval sim - beta tester.

Chet: you'll find the development forums at the bottom of the "All Forums" list.

Return to “Tech Support”