Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Initial Reactions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Initial Reactions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Initial Reactions - 7/15/2013 6:07:15 PM   
Chet Guiles

Installing the game was a problem. The installation quit after asking for a "second disk" (which of course I didn't have), so it never put an icon on the desktop and I suspect that it is incomplete.

Nevertheless when I hit the command.exe file in the main directory the program did try to load, and ponce or twice it "caught" and gave me a main screen. More often though it hangs when I try to load the game, shows only a partial home screen, and I have to kill it with Task Manager.

The once or twice I actually managed to get a scenario loaded it did seem to work OK, though for a new player it is a confusing screen full of units and sensors. This will be the part that takes any player time to learn.

When I put in the newest scenarios and etc from the update pack, and was finally able to get the game to start, either the tutorial or the scenario files caused a fatal crash with a "bug warning".

Not sure what to do next. There is no "Remove" in the windows file management console, but when I manually deleted all the files and reinstalled, the same problems occurred.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Specifically what files do I need to make this work and how do I get the install to go to completion and not ask me for the "next disk"?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Initial Reactions - 7/15/2013 6:29:36 PM   
navwarcol

The .exe file should be CmdOps.exe, not command.exe. Have not seen it asking for another disk, either, before. As well, there are no sensors, so I am wondering if you posted in the correct game?

< Message edited by navwarcol -- 7/15/2013 6:31:23 PM >

(in reply to Chet Guiles)
Post #: 2
RE: Initial Reactions - 7/16/2013 12:09:53 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

Looks to me as a stray Command - the upcoming naval sim - beta tester.

Chet: you'll find the development forums at the bottom of the "All Forums" list.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Initial Reactions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI