Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Initial Reactions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Initial Reactions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Initial Reactions - 7/15/2013 6:07:15 PM   
Chet Guiles

Installing the game was a problem. The installation quit after asking for a "second disk" (which of course I didn't have), so it never put an icon on the desktop and I suspect that it is incomplete.

Nevertheless when I hit the command.exe file in the main directory the program did try to load, and ponce or twice it "caught" and gave me a main screen. More often though it hangs when I try to load the game, shows only a partial home screen, and I have to kill it with Task Manager.

The once or twice I actually managed to get a scenario loaded it did seem to work OK, though for a new player it is a confusing screen full of units and sensors. This will be the part that takes any player time to learn.

When I put in the newest scenarios and etc from the update pack, and was finally able to get the game to start, either the tutorial or the scenario files caused a fatal crash with a "bug warning".

Not sure what to do next. There is no "Remove" in the windows file management console, but when I manually deleted all the files and reinstalled, the same problems occurred.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Specifically what files do I need to make this work and how do I get the install to go to completion and not ask me for the "next disk"?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Initial Reactions - 7/15/2013 6:29:36 PM   
navwarcol

The .exe file should be CmdOps.exe, not command.exe. Have not seen it asking for another disk, either, before. As well, there are no sensors, so I am wondering if you posted in the correct game?

< Message edited by navwarcol -- 7/15/2013 6:31:23 PM >

(in reply to Chet Guiles)
Post #: 2
RE: Initial Reactions - 7/16/2013 12:09:53 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

Looks to me as a stray Command - the upcoming naval sim - beta tester.

Chet: you'll find the development forums at the bottom of the "All Forums" list.

Nullius in Verba since February 2013 - http://panthergames.com
-----
Life in the Internets: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mvorkosigan
----
I'm a real person as well: http://au.linkedin.com/in/miguelramirezjavega

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Initial Reactions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI