Windows 8issue??

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

ird

Windows 8issue??

Post by ird »

I just bought a new computer running Windows 8 and the game now crashes before loading- I get an error message stating Scourge Of War Gettysburg has stopped working. The demo works ok so I can't see that it's a video issue. I've tried running as administrator and in various compatibility modes with no success
Jim_NSD

RE: Windows 8issue??

Post by Jim_NSD »

A number of folks have gotten the game to run on Windows 8. Try this thread for some suggestions:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/54815-windows-8-compatability#54850

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
Queeg

Post by Queeg »

Set it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Find the exe file in the game folder. Right click on it. Go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab.
ird

Post by ird »

Thanks to you both. Tried your suggestion, Queeg, and I still experienced the same result. None of the ideas in the link from you worked either Jim
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

Are there any error messages in the log file (/work/sowgb.log)?

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863

Return to “Tech Support”