Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto save issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Auto save issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto save issues - 7/6/2013 7:26:18 PM   
Brindlebane

Anyone having issues with Battles for Greece when it comes to the auto save every 20 minutes or so.The game seems to lag for one or two minutes when it auto saves.Now i don't have this problem with BftB or the HttR expansion scenarios only with BfG.I have the new beta patch downloaded and have the 5 min auto save off(crashes are a rarity).I know the CotA scenarios were reworked to save download times but maybe the issues are still there for auto saves.Not a big issue but can be very annoying at times if your in the middle of a battle.Just thought i'd mention it anyway.

< Message edited by Brindlebane -- 7/6/2013 7:27:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Auto save issues - 7/8/2013 2:45:04 AM   
Arjuna

What specific scenario?

Does it occur on other scenarios from the BFG pack?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Brindlebane)
Post #: 2
RE: Auto save issues - 7/8/2013 4:15:04 AM   
Arjuna

I just did some speed tests with the Foothills of the Gods (FOTG) scenario. When you start a new scenario there are two components. The first is when you first select the desired scenario and it loads the scenario data. The second is when you have configured the scenario settings and it starts the scenario in the game. When you start a saved game there is only one component - ie when it loads the saved game data and opens directly into the game.

For starting a new FOTGH scenario it took 20.46 seconds to load the scenario data and 7.53 seconds to start it in the game. For loading a FOTG save it took 19.73 seconds. So a save is quicker than a new scenario. I checked the code to ensure that the data was fully converted in both cases and it was. So it's all OK for the FOTG scenario. However, you may have been comparing only the second part of a starting a new scenario with the loading of a save and that is much shorter than the load of a save. But from what I can see it is working as it should.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Auto save issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI