Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from East... - 7/5/2013 5:05:51 AM   
Sredni

I'm about to send some airgroups direct from Eastern USA to Cape Town (flying offmap, not packed on a boat) and I got paranoid.

Anyone know off the top of their head how long it will take them to get there?

I tried sending em and checking the reinforcements list but couldn't find em in it.

-Thanks

< Message edited by Sredni -- 7/5/2013 5:06:38 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from ... - 7/5/2013 5:17:15 AM   
sanch

I think it is 36-38 days.

The number of days should be listed on the screen where you select where to transfer the unit to. You should see something like ...

Capetown - 38d

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 2
RE: How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from ... - 7/5/2013 6:43:09 AM   
Yaab

In DaBigBabes A, this off-map move without ships takes 44 days. Seems this automatic move uses invisible ships that move 2 hexes per phase (4 per day), which would be slow 10 knots ships.

Now, there should be a handful (4-5 ships) of fast Allied xAPs that make 5 hexes per phase (10 hexes per day). Using them for the EC - Cape Town route should cut the travel time to just 17 days (manual p.99 says the distance between EC and Cape Town is 170 hexes).

< Message edited by Yaab -- 7/5/2013 6:44:39 AM >

(in reply to sanch)
Post #: 3
RE: How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from ... - 7/6/2013 12:11:00 AM   
Sredni

Thanks for the info. And thank you Yaab for the manual page, I don't recall ever noticing that bit of info before .

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI